View Poll Results: Which system are you using for Trek?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • ICON - Not interested in trying CODA at all

4 13.33%
  • ICON - Tried CODA but prefer ICON

5 16.67%
  • CODA - Tried it out and like it

15 50.00%
  • CODA - Trying it out. . .we'll see what happens

6 20.00%

Thread: Bet you can't guess what I am playing with

Talking Bet you can't guess what I am playing with

Sorry if this has been done before.

I was just curious as to which system your using. Mostly wondering how many of us ICON users are left.

Please, THIS IS NOT about which system is better. That is for another topic. I just want to know which system your using.
    Last edited by redwood973; 08-04-2003 at 09:49 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

CODA. Switched over; players like the system
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Guess...

I'm trying CODA as a PBEM but since the one solo player is slowly going bald from ripping his hair out during character generation and I know what my live group prefers, I'll remain an ICON baby.

"It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I've pretty much adopted the CODA system for my on lline Romulan game. It has taken care of a few problems I had with ICON, so I think it will turn out to be the lesser of two evils. So, far the only problem I see that could hamper it is the cost of the supplements.

Created the CODA characters (we found it better than converting them from ICON)... still waiting to play a test-game (we haven't managed to schedule any RPG game since )
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I've only played a test CODA Trek game, and it went well. And I've been playing LOTR a lot, so CODA is the system for me.

Currently not playing much of anything Trek, due to player revolt...

Would like to run some more CODA, as I was never very fond of the ICON system. Played a lot of FASA in the past...

I voted for the 4th choice.I'm giving Coda a try.haven't run a game yet,but I'm working on it.Most of my players are reluctant to try a new system.(we've been playing FASA rules since 1983.)It's taking a lot of convincing, but they're starting to come around.

ICON, with a healthy dose of Spacedock and game system patches (i.e. house rules)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

CODA ,tried it and liked it.Bought the ICON TNG core book when it first came out.Unfortunately i was heavily under the influence of the cardboard crack known as CCGs and wasn't going to do any roleplaying for awhile.Think I sold the book and bought cards (it looked good though).CODA Trek came out just at the right time and got me back into rpleplaying.Love the skills ,edges and character creation in general.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

For me it's simple economics, buying yet another set of books is not an option right now, so I'll stick with ICON.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Saw that title and though of somthing WAAAAAY off subject.

Figured I would get more views with it, which seems to have worked. . .too bad more didn't vote.
    Last edited by redwood973; 08-07-2003 at 09:12 AM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."