Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL...new joke...

LOL...new joke...

I'm sorry...I just heard this...and I can't resist!

Q: What goes...

clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop

<h2>BANG!!!!</h2>
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop
    clip, clop

A: An Amish drive-by shooting...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

An oldy but a goody.

Uuuuuggggh
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

LOL.

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Uuuuuggggh
    Oh My God! Some Amish Guy Shot Phoenix!

H.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Originally posted by Hugh Casey
    Oh My God! Some Amish Guy Shot Phoenix!

H.

LOL

Think of this, Some where in the world is a dyslectic insomniac athiest who is lying awake at night wondering if there is a dog!

"Think of this, Some where in the world is a dyslectic insomniac athiest who is lying awake at night wondering if there is a dog!"

Dyslexic.

Agnostic, not atheist. An agnostic has seen no proof of god's existence but has not made his mind, while an atheist has already reached a conclusion.

a (no) + gnosis (knowledge, specifically spritual knowledge) + -ic (noun of Greek or Latin roots derived from an adjective) = One who does not have knowledge (of god's existence),
    versus
    a (no) + theos (god) +ist (one who advocates or adheres to a philosophy or belief) = One who believes there is no god.

<center>-------</center>

A Quaker hears a noise downstairs in the middle of the night, and grabs his squirrel gun. Upon sighting the burglar, he levels the weapon and calls out, "Brother, I would not harm thee for the world, but thou standest where I am about to shoot."
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 08-06-2003 at 11:40 PM.

A couple of good friends of mine (from Kingston) are Quakers - they'll get a good snicker or two out of that one, Owen.

Then there's the one about the dyslexic devil-worshipper...
    ....he sold his soul to Santa...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Talking

Aldaron...?! Are you on a mission to spread bad jokes or what?!@*!! LOL

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    [i]
    Agnostic, not atheist. An agnostic has seen no proof of god's existence but has not made his mind, while an atheist has already reached a conclusion.

a (no) + gnosis (knowledge, specifically spritual knowledge) + -ic (noun of Greek or Latin roots derived from an adjective) = One who does not have knowledge (of god's existence),
    versus
    a (no) + theos (god) +ist (one who advocates or adheres to a philosophy or belief) = One who believes there is no god.

Actually, Owen, atheist is more properly defined as one who lacks a belief in god. There are some atheists who believe there is no god but that's a subset of the overall group.

In other words, an atheist may or may not have made up their mind, but the common denominator amongst them is a lack of belief in a diety.

Theist - one who believes; a believer.

(A) - Not.

(A)theist - one who is not a believer.

Amish Drive by shooting

ROFLMAO!!!!

OMG, that was too funny!

"Take that, ENGLISH! We gonna bus' a cap in thy tucas!"

I know that last word was Hebrew, but it was all I could think of quickly. ARGHHHH!

Irreverently,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

"Actually, Owen, atheist is more properly defined as one who lacks a belief in god. There are some atheists who believe there is no god but that's a subset of the overall group.

In other words, an atheist may or may not have made up their mind, but the common denominator amongst them is a lack of belief in a diety."

Sorry, no - a person who has not made up their mind is an agnostic. Those who have a true lack of any opinion on the subject are often grouped in with atheists, but they're really making a null ststement. The question to be asked is "Is there a god?" There are three possible answers - "Yes," "no," and "I don't know." "I have no opinion" is a cop-out, not an answer.

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton

Sorry, no - a person who has not made up their mind is an agnostic. Those who have a true lack of any opinion on the subject are often grouped in with atheists, but they're really making a null ststement. The question to be asked is "Is there a god?" There are three possible answers - "Yes," "no," and "I don't know." "I have no opinion" is a cop-out, not an answer.
    Being a theist is to be one with a positive degree of belief, by the very definition of the word "theist".

Theist = one who believes.

If someone does not believe, for whatever reason, they cannot be a theist. After all, if they were a theist, they'd believe.

It just so happens that there is a description for those who do not believe, "atheist". This term is simply the opposite for theist, regardless of *why* someone is a theist.

An agnostic may say that the answer of whether or not there is a god is unknowable, but if that person cannot profess a positive belief in a deity, they are not a theist, which makes them an atheist.

Theist = one who believes
    A = Not
    Atheist = one who does not believe, for whatever reason.

"Theist = one who believes
    A = Not
    Atheist = one who does not believe, for whatever reason."

Wrong-o. That's not the way the language is structured. You have to break the word down all the way. Time to check out the dictionary, guys.