Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOL...new joke...

Angry AHEM.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

A Klingon, A Vulcan, A Ferengi, and a Wookie enter a bar.

The bartender looks up and says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

------------------------------------------

I've been asked off forum to give it a rest, so I will do so. However, I would respectfully submit that some guys need to check out a list of logical fallacies before making arrogant, patronizing ad hominem statements.

I'm done with this thread.

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    "Actually, Owen, atheist is more properly defined as one who lacks a belief in god. There are some atheists who believe there is no god but that's a subset of the overall group.

In other words, an atheist may or may not have made up their mind, but the common denominator amongst them is a lack of belief in a diety."

Sorry, no - a person who has not made up their mind is an agnostic. Those who have a true lack of any opinion on the subject are often grouped in with atheists, but they're really making a null ststement. The question to be asked is "Is there a god?" There are three possible answers - "Yes," "no," and "I don't know." "I have no opinion" is a cop-out, not an answer.
    But the common definition of atheist has gone beyond a strict analysis of language, Owen. Strictly speaking, you're right.

However, you will often find, in colloquial usage, the following three levels of "disbelief"

Agnostic: "We cannot know one way or another if God is real"

Weak-Atheist: "I see no evidence for the existence of God, much as I see no evidence for the existence ESP. Therefore, unless someone can provide me with this evidence, I do not believe either exist."

Strong-Atheist:"God absolutely does not, can not exist."

It's a bit greyer than cut and dried "Don't know" vs "Definitely not", although from the strict aetiology of the words themselves, youi're correct:

A (without) Gnostic (knowledge)
    A (without) Theist (God concept)

I describe myself as a weak-atheist, because I adhere to middle principle described above, but I've often been described as a "hard-line agnostic" as well.

So...Oh, I don't know really what I was trying to say. I guess just that there is strict dictionary definitions, but also common usage.

*Damn this fence is getting uncomfortable!*
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Guys, it was a FRIKKEN Joke! Please don't over anylyze it. Thank You.

Two Andorians walk into a bar,
    The third one ducks...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Karg
    Guys, it was a FRIKKEN Joke! Please don't over anylyze it. Thank You.
    Welcome to "Pointless Analysis of Everything Inc. Which foot did you put through the door first?"

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Originally posted by Aldaron
    Welcome to "Pointless Analysis of Everything Inc. Which foot did you put through the door first?"

Here's some ones told to me by my 6 year old nephew:
    You, pointing to any object: What's this?
    Other: (says whatever it is you're pointing at)
    You: No, it's a finger.

A dozen muffins are in an oven. One turns to another and says, "Is it hot in here, or is it just me?" The other says "Oh my god, a talking muffin!"

A peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve food here."

Kids always have the jokes that makes you want to say ugh (but, of course, you can't do that to your little nephew or what-not, you've got to laugh or you hurt his feelings- yep, learned that one from the second joke).
    KIRK: The.. away team.. will.. consist of.. Myself.. Dr. McCoy.. Mr. Spock.. and.. Ensign Freddy
    ENSIGN FREDDY: Oh &@$%