Thread: Stardate programs/scripts?

Stardate programs/scripts?

From what I can tell by searching online, Andrew Main's Stardate FAQ is fairly popular, and I really like it myself.

I can't, however, seem to find much in the way of programs/scripts that take advantage of this FAQ (or the C file located on the same site). The closest I could find is this, which only displays the current date.

Is there anything out there which uses the information from the FAQ? A downloadable program, a JavaScript applet, a PHP script? I love knowing today's stardate, but I also want to be able to convert any other theoretical date to the relevant stardate, and any stardate to a real-world date.

Actually it is pretty simple to calculate stardates once you know how they were created. For TNG and the shows playing later the system is as follows. Let's use 41000.1 as an example. Initially the 4 was selected because TNG was playing in the 24th century. The 1 stands for the 1st season of TNG. The next three figures (and the number behind the ".") represent what day and hour it is within the year.
    So, for every year after 2363 add one to 40 to get the first two numbers. Next, multiply ((day of the year - 1 + ((hour of the day -1):24 )):365 or 366 ) with 1000 and you have the last numbers.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

There is a javascript stardate program that was developed at http://trekguide.com/Stardates.htm (however, it makes some educated changes to the beginning and ending of years in the Star Trek universe, so it doesn't follow the OkudaChron).

I found an Excel spread sheet a while ago, it has some problems but it works for me.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Actually, there's this one I found on TrekRPG. Never checked what the formula behind actually was, but it works for me and it's the one I use.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Thats the one. Wondering where I found it.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"