Thread: Games Day Toronto 2003

Question Games Day Toronto 2003

Hey gang,

Anyone here coming to Games Day Toronto?

I'll be there, possibly with my Chaos army in tow (if I can get the last few units all painted by Saturday!), wreaking havoc on unsuspecting, poncey elf-playing pansie players. Preferably high, but dark will do.

Anyway, I'm kinda psyched, since this will be my first visit to a Games Day. I'm sure the Warhammer and 40K madness will be inspiring.

Cheers,

Steve
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Ah yes, Games Day.

Never been to the one in Toronto, but I've been to the one in Baltimore several times. Well, until I was laid off from the company formerly known as Worldcom.

Things I would do if I were you:

1. Bring a camera. The tables they set up range from good to beautiful. Take those pictures for memories and inspiration.

2. Walk the Golden Demon entries. The ones that usually win never seem to be painted by gamers, but are stunning none the less.

3. Meet the Studio Staff. I'm not sure who's going to be there, but it's a good place to get some insight into the how and why of there game designs. Don't ask them about Squats. Ever.

4. Go to the presentations. Peer into the future and see what's coming out soon. They usually have a Q&A session there and it is a lot easier to hear and be heard. Don't ask them about Squats. Ever.

5. Have fun. Sign up for games you don't play. The games they run don't have the depth and detail of a "standard" game, but you can pick up the basics well enough. Don't ask them about Squats. Ever.

6. The Store. Figure out what bits you need today, since you'll never remember them all on Games Day. Be on the look out for Clearance. A few years back I picked up the large Ork Fort for about $10.00 US (normally 30.00). Avoid the spending frenzy unless you don't have a good FLGS. Don't ask them about Squats. Ever.

7. Don't ask them about Squats. Ever. They is always some twit in an ill fitting T-shirt and Ode de Nurgle that will ask this question to any Staff member not fast enough to escape. They aren't numerous, but they seem to be everywhere, not unlike roaches. I've even seen on guy pestering a staff member in the restroom at Baltimore Games Day.

Anyways, have fun, and feel free to post any juicy rumors you hear in this thread.

The Emperor Protects
    I AM the lowest common denominator!

What's a squat?

+ &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

they might be listening. Flee!
    I AM the lowest common denominator!

Games Day.........a venue full of annoying little brats and utter shite paint jobs that seem to win prizes whereas the decent efforts seem to get forgotten. The prime requisite for Games Workshop staff is to irritate the blue hell out of customers, eg. "Look at this! Buy Warhammer 40,000 version 5k!" Customer "But all I want is a pot of paint".......

I miss the old Games Workshop that sold other companie's products as well as their own.....then they got lobotomised!

Damn them all to hell.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill