Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: T'pol's uniform

Re: Season 3 Trailor

OOH! They added "Star Trek" to the title!

Excellent!
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

"Oh yes, Startrek, I remember that show. Isn't that the show we based ours on?"
    Ta Muchly

The thing that I wonder is wether a male Vulcan serving on the ship would wear a catsuit emphasising his crotch and buttocks or wether he'd get robes like every other Vulcan.

I understand why they put Jolene Blalock in a catsuit I just think it's a shame that they feel they need to - or indeed that they do actually need to.

As someone mentioned earlier, The original Star Trek - when the studio execs weren't looking - was about maturity in social thinking, about advancing beyond the trivial things that people of the 20th century consider important. At the height of the cold war they had a Russian steering the ship. They had the first interracial kiss on screen. Star Trek used to cross boundaries. Admittedly, despite the 23rd century's supposed enlightenment and liberation, the women were still portrayed as simpering, pathetic and basically constantly in need of either sex or a man to protect them. I seem to recall the studio being horrified at the idea of a woman 1st officer and so she became the simpering blonde nurse instead!
    It'd be nice to think that in our more liberal and enlightened times, women would be treated with somewhat more respect.
    To be fair, like Janeway before her, Hoshi isn't overtly sexual. They can do strong and interesting, realistic female leads. It's not beyond them.

It must be dissapointing for Jolene that she is purely there as eye-candy to catch floating viewers, that as an actress she is not taken seriously by the show's creators - but then when did Holywood ever take women seriously anyway?

There is no evidence of this marketing sexuality in the West Wing. There is no evidence of it in the Sopranos. They are strong shows, made so on the quality of the writing and the performances of the cast. Star Trek can do the same, it just isn't trying anymore.

Crow

As an aside, I personally don't find either Blalock or Linda Park appealing. They are attractive according to the dictionary definition but to me they are attractive in a bland and uninteresting kind of way.

It wasn't "Star Trek: Enterprise" before?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

no, it was just ENTERPRISE before.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Why?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

I guess to seperate it from the typical stereotype of a star trek fan... don't know though
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Based on the last images Shoshuro put up, I certainly don't have a problem with T'Pol's new outfits. They're certainly no more revealing than Rand's or Chapel's uniforms.
    Actually less revealing, as it's a jumpsuit & theirs were miniskirts.

Cool Re: Re: Season 3 Trailor

Originally posted by Rayaru

OOH! They added "Star Trek" to the title!

Excellent!
    Yet Another Devious Scheme by B&B.

Is there no limit to their desecration?

Please don't make it officially a Star Trek series by adding those two words. I am perfectly content that it is NOT part of the main universe but an alternate universe or parallel reality.

* shows his powerful teary puppy-dog eyes *
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Re: Re: Re: Season 3 Trailor

Originally posted by REG
    Yet Another Devious Scheme by B&B.

Is there no limit to their desecration?

Please don't make it officially a Star Trek series by adding those two words. I am perfectly content that it is NOT part of the main universe but an alternate universe or parallel reality.

* shows his powerful teary puppy-dog eyes *
    I agree with you, Enterprise is a disgrace. B&B have not proven themselves as creative enough for Trek. They do not understand it. Star Trek has been a social commintary of where we can become or about our world now. Unfortunately this has been lost with the last 2 series. B&B told George Takai that a series in the past would not work. They did not take their own advice.
    They want to blame the failures of Star Trek on the fans. Why Star Trek: Nemisis tanked. Why Enterpise and Voyager struggle in the ratings. It can not be them. No but they are the ones so heavily involved with the writing, the approval of scripts, the concpets of the show. etc.
    And for you people fans of Enterprise sorry this offends you. This is what I think. Do I watch this show? Yes. I have only missed 2 episodes since this show started. The show is lacking. I just see Trek getting worse not better until B&B are fired and hopefully replaced by someone creative like Micheal Pillar co-creator of Deep Space 9 and creator of Dead Zone? Or anyone that has the talent and creativity to stop the degration of this great Universe.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Originally posted by REG

P.S. Ezri's Toy, I'm assuming you're not a stuffed teddy bear.
    Nope, I'm Ezri's [Boy] Toy

"The things I do are better left unsaid
    I'm into pleasin'
    I do my talkin' with my hands instead. . . ."

-KISS, "All American Man"
    Last edited by Ezri's Toy; 11-16-2003 at 12:41 PM.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers