Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TTT DVD rocks!

Well I rented the TT DVD last night (Fullscreen, the video store didn;t have widescreen. I will never understand people who prefer pan & scan).

I did not like this movie when I saw it in the theatres.

Now that the schock of it all is over and I watched it again I actually enjoyed it a lot more.

Yes the deviations from the book are large, some of thm pointless, but overall and enjoyable film. Though I am looking forward to the 4 disc version.

If you're calling nit-picks, I submit the one where Legolas does that ridiculous ninja-leap onto the back of Gimli's horse, behind him, then is seen riding in front of him in the very next scene.
    I did not catch that. I'll have to look again. Actually, I am not much of a nit-pick caller. I just thought the sword and horse thing fit well. I like nit-picks when thery are comical - like when Aragorn is fighting with Lutz and drops his sword twice when he is thrown up against the tree.

No one is forcing fans to see the films again - and plenty of people have been clamouring for the opportunity to see them in the theaters again.
    I know I know. And my girlfriend was ranting that in all probabilty, come the RotK release, all of our happy little behinds would be in the movie theatre for the back to back to back showing. I told her while possible it was improbable, but she might know my friends and I better than I do.

Only time will tell.

Gavynnn

My goodness, I can't believe I haven't watched The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers back to back yet! Do you guys think I should take some time (6 and a half hours ) out over the next month and a half to watch them both at the same time? Or should I wait till the Extended Edition of TTT in November?

Originally posted by ben hur
    My goodness, I can't believe I haven't watched The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers back to back yet! Do you guys think I should take some time (6 and a half hours ) out over the next month and a half to watch them both at the same time? Or should I wait till the Extended Edition of TTT in November?
    I'll be waiting for all three extended versions for an eleven (??!!) hour session

Originally posted by Meneltin
    I'll be waiting for all three extended versions for an eleven (??!!) hour session
    Awww yeah. 12 hours of LOTR goodness.

Oh man, 12 hours altogether... sorry, I have to pull myself together again, you shouldn't mention that around me! Oh, and with all the extras it will be even more... shoot, I'm fading out, bye.