Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTT DVD rocks!

Thumbs up TTT DVD rocks!

Not that you didn't already know that.

The preview for the extended edition and the preview for Return of the King was worth the $15 my wife paid for the movie. Having the theatrical release of TTT as well was icing on the cake.

Highly recommend this DVD, if only for the teasers for the upcoming DVD and film.

Uh, think I'll wait until the extended version comes out. It gets to expensive to buy both versions.

My dad thinks we should wait for the Extended Cut, and that we don't need to buy the normal as well.

I've been trying to convince him, but it's up-hill work. I'm buying the Extended Cut edition myself, so when I go to college the family won't even have a copy of it unless we get the normal one now.

Pain.

I bought both last year, and I don't plan to change THAT spending habit anytime soon. I look at it this way - if I were to only buy the extended version, I wouldn't be able to show my six year old the version that I was able to see on the big screen when he's old enough to appreciate it.

Rented it tonight, was more interested in the features, I just about fell off the couch when I saw the little advance peak of RotK.

3 words, Ride of the Rohirrim! Baby!

Hey, I'm so happy! I love my dad! I got the DVD!

The best part by far was the preview of the Extended Edition DVD. Holy crap! Boromir in armor is so awesome. And there are tons and tons of other great scenes in there too!

I'd seen on the internet the minute and a half teaser trailer that is at the end of the 10-minute preview of RotK, but even if I hadn't seen that I think I'd have to say TTT extended footage preview was better than the RotK preview! Though of course I'd rather watch RotK then the extended TTT.

Originally posted by Phantom
    3 words, Ride of the Rohirrim! Baby!
    Er...that's 5 words, actually.

But still a great scene.

Originally posted by Ineti
    Er...that's 5 words, actually.

But still a great scene.
    Three words with capital letters maybe?

There are 3 types of people in this world; those who can count, and those who can't.

From another point of view, there are 10 types of people in this world; those who know binary, and those who don't.

(I'll betcha you've heard those before, but oh well!)

Originally posted by ben hur
    Though of course I'd rather watch RotK then the extended TTT.
    And in four months, you can do both. Back to back, too!

I think I will just bide my time....

And wait for the extended edition. I was one of those who did not think the TT Theatrical Release was THAT great remember. Besides guys - don't you think that they will release all three of them in a nice boxed set after all the movies are out and all? I would be surprised if they did not. Gotta milk the cash cow for everything that it is worth.

They are already doing that by releasing the FotR and the TT back into theaters (and this time the extended editions will be on the big screen). PJ just wants to squeeze the Tolkien Fans for a few more movie ticket prices before RoTK hits.

Keep calm everyone - and wait for the back-to-back-to-back LotR movie theater showing. Then you will have it all...

Gavynn

I have heard that once the last movie is released + a year or so, the whole thing will released as one mega-movie putting at about 12hrs long.

Ok, I shall try to clarify.

Four words...

RIDE OF THE ROHIRRIM!!...

Baby!

Rented the DVD

Well as I was scultping and painting at my desk this weekend and had the FotR DVD on and found myself not looking at the TV and mouthing (and in some cases saying outloud) the lines - I figured I would go down to the movie store and RENT the TT DVD. I figured it was worth that.

It was. Much of it was not less annoying that it was in the theatres. The extended edition of the TT DVD will only help that movie. It looks like we will actually have Eomer and Gandalf fighting the thousands of Uruk-hai and they ride down into instead of just having all the Uruk hai get scared and run away. Looked like the ents were going to get to stomp 'em too.

Ent droughts are in - been waiting for that. The comments about "oh you are taller" makes it look like to me that once again PJ has forsaken subtlety (PJ likes to strip Tolkien's work of its graceful subtleties and make them all jarringly "in-your-face"). Of well, at least they are in there.

The Boromir/Faramir flash backs look neat - save for what Boromir is wearing. OH MY GOD! In that plate armour, Boromir looked like he should be sitting at the Round Table with King Arthur in that atrocious Excalibur movie, not fighting for Gondor.

Oh well, at least I got to verbally thrash Haldir and stupid death scence. I am just not picking up any kind of emotional anything out of that which several people think his death provides. I just laughed and verabally lashed that pansy elf and all his companions. A chump death is what you get for disrupting the beautiful triumph of the men of Rohan!

Enough with that pansy elven dribble! Huzzah for the men of Rohan!!!!

Gavynn

Oh and one more thing....

Does anyone else fall out of their chair in uncontrolable laughter when Aragorn's horse licks him back to life after he goes off the cliff?? I'm serious too. Is anyone actually supposed to believe that scene? His horse even snuggles up next to him. After a kiss from a vision of a lovely elven maiden he doesn't move. It takes the gentle kisses from horse lips to get our brave hero moving. How stupid - stupid stupid stupid. What is PJ trying to feed us with something like that?

Oh - and when Aragorn goes over the cliff he has his sword out. When he washes back up - he sword is back is its sheath. Hmmmm

Maybe his horse found the sword floating down the river and stuck it back in the sheath for him.

Gavynn

Re: I think I will just bide my time....

Originally posted by GavynnAlexander
    PJ just wants to squeeze the Tolkien Fans for a few more movie ticket prices before RoTK hits.
    I don't know if it's fair to say that Peter Jackson is trying to milk the fans - it is more than likely entirely the decision of New Line Cinemas, who, if I recall rightly, did pony up something like $300+ million dollars to make these films.

For the risk they took, I'm prepared to overlook things like re-releases, multiple versions of DVDs, and Hobbit Happy Meals.

No one is forcing fans to see the films again - and plenty of people have been clamouring for the opportunity to see them in the theaters again. At the release of The Two Towers last winter, our local theater showed The Fellowship of the Ring all day beforehand, to sold-out showings.

If you're calling nit-picks, I submit the one where Legolas does that ridiculous ninja-leap onto the back of Gimli's horse, behind him, then is seen riding in front of him in the very next scene.

I'd like to see how that was done...