8 19.05%

14 33.33%

8 19.05%

2 4.76%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise: Rate "The Xindi"

Re: ????

Originally posted by General Chang
    What did they change it to? Something more traditional? That was one of the things I loved about Enterprise...breaking away from tradition?
    Traditional wouldn't be one of the words I would use to describe it. They have kept "Where my heart will take me" (= the title they used from episode one) and added some drums, acoustic and electric guitar, strings and horns. The song seems a little bit faster and lighter now.

Okay, I have just listened to the intro three times to find out all the instruments and I have to admit that my initial description was inaccurate. You get used to it pretty fast.
    Now I like it.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Yeah it's more like a remix, like what they did with the DS9 theme.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Ahhhh....

I see.....then in that case....ROCK ON, ENTERPRISE!
    I would love to hear this remix. For that, procure cable I must.
    Otherwise, hopeless, my cause is.

General Chang.
    Respectful, I am
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Hey, I thought General Chang was a Klingon, not a... a... whatever Yoda is

LOL!

Senility sets in.

Re-- re--- what ever that word was,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Y'spose Klingons shrivel up drastically, grow long pointy ears, turn green, and their hands turn to claws when 900 years old they reach?

Hmmm Hmm Hmmm...

When 900 years old you reach, sing Klingon Opera so good you will not....mmm?

Respectfully,
    General Chang

Was going to give it a 7,but the firefight and T'Pol's butt crack tipped it to an 8.Just being honest.

I'm kind of tired with the Archer and Trip trying to escape imprisonment premise but it worked anyway.I really liked the insect Xindi and the whale guys were something not really seen before in Trek.Trips dream was another good point,liked seeing him blow a gasket on the Xindi prisoner.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.Even with the addition of electric guitar,drums,and cello the theme still blows though.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Some Statistics.

Mean: 7.31
    Median: 8
    Mode: 8

A good episode overall, I'd say.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Just saw it last night. I was very happy with the episode.

T'Pol and Trip's scene at the end wasn't disrupting at all, IMO, and it even added to the subplot.

And to the statement about "getting tired" of Trip and Archer getting captured all of the time, look at how many times Kirk and Spock were made prisoner in TOS.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 09-15-2003 at 02:30 PM.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I finally got to watch the episode this morning (between graduate school and full time work, time is pretty short) but I thought that it was worth the wait. The story was good, and I enjoyed the new elements that were introduced (though the Xindi meeting and their chamber reminded me a bit much of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and their command center on Geonosis from Attack of the Clones).

Like Sea Tyger, I didn't find the Trip/T'pol scene to be disrupting, and I think that it added to the story. As has been discussed before, Trek and sex are generally, in some form or fashion, linked together, with a variability based on the times and circumstances, and I don't think that this is any different.

I'm curious to know what happened to the 'original' Xindi homeworld, and hope that it gets explained. Something tells me that it will involve the Temporal Cold War to some degree, and I'm interested to know how that element of the story plays out (it would be interesting if it had been destroyed by a pro-Federation faction from the future, which drives the Xindi to attack Earth in the Enterpise timeline, which then eventually prompts the Federation (or Earth) to destroy the then-current Xindi homeworld in the future).

All in all, like I said, I liked the episode (not as much as I did the season 2 premire, Shockwave II) and think that things are looking good for a positive third season of Enterprise.

Greg

Sea Tyger:Good point about the mains being captured.Haven't really heard anyone making a lot of comparisons between ENT and TOS.In my opinion Enterprise is the closest show in overall "feel"to the originals.Since TOS is one of the best Trek shows I guess that means ENT is a pretty good show too.
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Being an old hand at Trek (Viva TOS!), I rather liked the episode. Seemed to have a little more bite to it than the usual rubbish from B&B. But things have been improving since "Cease Fire" considerably. It was also cool they referenced some of the old shows for the substance they were mining, which is actually cool for later stuff if you can maintain consitancy of reference.
    The five species of Xindi will be interesting to deal with (bug shock troops, baby!) and the 'sea-lions' are at least something new to look at an deal with, so credit for that.
    The MACO's I didn't have a problem with since they were what I've seen from the local military types: polite, respectful
    , and professional. Mr. Reed must have been having a self-confidence problem to ask to take command. On another note: judging from what I saw, I'm guessing these guys were trained like SAS/GSG9 counter terrorists judging from the tactics I saw. They werea bit loose from what I saw, but the prison guards were schleps so weren't THAT much of a threat.
    Suprisingly, The T'pol/Trip bit didn't bug me that much and injected some much needed humor into a rather heavy episode.
    All in all, a fun time had by all.

Give it an 8.5 (-1 for the genetics silliness, -.5 for the unessesary titilation section).

PS. I am curious what happened to the Xindi homeworld. insert plot point here. Maybe the FTIA got involved on this one
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Mr. Reed must have been having a self-confidence problem to ask to take command
    Nah... I saw this as the responsible commanding officer showing to his subordiates who is the top dog on Enterprise.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Gave it a 7. Good, but not great. I liked the five Xindis. Specially the seal guys. Marines ... well, why not, we'll see what it'll develop into.

So, all in all, I liked the setting. But I found the plot a bit bland for a season premiere ... I don't know ... I expected ... not sure, something more.

And about the Vulcan love slave beta 0.1 ... as much as I enjoy T'Pol's breasts and butt crack (not sure it means what I think it means, I just picked it up along the thread ), that would really have been a bad point for the episode had the conclusion not been:
    <I>T'Pol: Are you implying I'm making sexual advances?</I> (menacing tone)
    <I>Trip: No. No ... NO ... no ... not at all! I was just ... err ...</I>
    Heh . that said, I also liked Querlin's version of Trip's answer .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)