2 4.76%

5 11.90%

8 19.05%

14 33.33%

8 19.05%

2 4.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enterprise: Rate "The Xindi"

You lucky gits.........I have to wait til January 2004 when Sky puts it on over here in the UK.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Re: ENT

Originally posted by Capt. Anderson
    This season better be good or lose a viewer it will.
    Thanks Yoda.

I enjoyed it as a "second pilot." The rescue was one of the best Trek firefights I can remember. People could actually shoot, and I think the Starfleet boys and the MACOs got some respect for one another.

I like the idea of the various Xindi and thought the alien designs were fairly decent. I hope we don't have to wait too long to see some of their ships. Bug-boy seems intent on going after ENT pretty quickly, so we probably won't.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Too quote Major West from Lost in Space;

"A million dollars worth of weapons, and I'd trade them all in for a big can of Raid."

BUGS

Nice touch the snipers were. Expect good things from marines I do.

Anywho, It would have been cool if the ship brought along an Andorian. See some interaction between the major races of the UFP. Could be the catalyst that helps create the Federation?

Any thoughts??
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

You can never have too many Andorians around.

Andorians are cool. Jeff Combs is cool. Jeff Combs as an Andorian was the coolest thing ENT ever had. I don't care how contrived a plot point they have to use; they need to get him back as a recurring character, if not a regular. Of course, without good writing, even he couldn't make a show worth watching.

As for the episode... meh. Could have been worse. Didn't seem to have a whole lot of originality. Hope the Xindi come up with some convoluted schemes that keep us guessing, but they're more likely to get dumbed down so Archer & Co can show them up. Topless Vulcan massage therapy? I guess they can come up with something more juvenile than the decon chamber. Didn't titillate me in the least.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Locked on

Originally posted by Sarge
    Didn't titillate me in the least.

Pun torpedo away!!

Direct hit Sarge.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

I think that the Temporal Cold war is related to the Mirror Universe. or at least it should be. Look how dark, violent, even evil, the cast is becoming (I was waiting for the captain to put an agonizer on Reed for questioning his authority in the opening scene). In the next episode, the Captain tortures a captive.....It would be ironic if the rebels or their survivors in the future of the Mirror Universe realized that the only means to save themselves was to create their own past.

Military personel on the ship, snipers (snipers on trek, how tom clancy is that?!), and the clothing is resembling the mirror universe as well (look at what tpol is wearing for goodness sakes...) and I think that it would be neat if this was really the origins of the Mirror Universe and not the Trek we grew up with.

Then again, this assumes a level of continuity and thoughtfullness somewhat absent in the current writers/producers, who seem to be in crisis mode of "just try anything!" .....

now if the cast would just start growing some goatees ;-))

Hmmmm.....

Snipers.......how Tom Clancy can you get?

Actually, I would not mind a Tom Clancy-esque Star Trek. It would be a vast improvement over the politcally correct drivel we were subject to in some aspects of Post TNG Trek.

There...I said it! I HATE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

sighs... feel better now.

Respectfully, (and watching the trees carefully)
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Re: Hmmmm.....

Originally posted by General Chang
    I HATE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
    Rock on,chang!
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Talking

Political correctness died a horrible flaming death in my gamea long time ago with the advent of SF:Spec Ops.
    The crew of the Karl Von Clausewitz were on reconstructed rednecks, functional sociopaths, and reprobates that were very good at breaking things. They tended to get into trouble planet side. But most of the warrior races understood them completely. GROPOS all the way, baby
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

becasue by the time TNG and DS9 come around. Humans become a galactic punching bags
    Are you kiding? I always marveled at the way Jem'hadar (Bred fro war) and Klingons (Train all their life to war) got beatten up by the Ds9 crew in a hand to hand fight.....

Mark
    'Wish I could Help you....Wish I could tell you,
    That I am real, I'm not something you invented,
    That I'm not everything you want me to be.'

'And I am...Ageless. And I am....Invincible.'

After recoverig from the shocking experience of the new intro song I just loved that show. Excellent character development, tense story line and wonderful use of the blue-screen. Trip's dream was just amazing! It looked so real, especially with the use of the wind machine.
    T'Pol's dress wasn't as inappropriate as I was afraid it would be considering the excitement of some people.
    I'm just not used to seeing so much naked skin in Trek, but I will hopefully get accustomed to that.
    I give the episode an 8. Maybe it was even better, but I am probably unconsciously wanting the following episodes to be even better.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

????

Damn! They changed the intro song? (Shows how little I've been able to keep up with ENT lately.)

What did they change it to? Something more traditional? That was one of the things I loved about Enterprise...breaking away from tradition?

I heard the one idea that they had in mind for the opening theme of Enterprise....not surprisingly they were going to use--TA DA--the end titles from that Overblown TNG Episode called "Generations."

Hopefully, despite how good the music was for Generations' end titles, they found something a little more original. Of course, an orchestral opening would simply remind me of other Trek shows which portrayed the stuffy, pious, Prime Directive spewing Federation archetypes. The thing I love also about Enterprise is how the Starfleet crew are more like pioneers rather than Federation officers who already know the nature of galactic politics, and such. Hopefully, I will catch a new episode of Enterprise, and see (hear) what they did.

Respectfully, and curiously,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009