8 19.05%

14 33.33%

8 19.05%

2 4.76%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enterprise: Rate "The Xindi"

Enterprise: Rate "The Xindi"

Let's hear it!

I was happy with episode one... some good character interaction mixed with well-played action. Also a good ending that leads perfectly into the serial format for this season.

9/10
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Definitely a 9

The marines were a bit cheesy but an engaging episode

I thought the rescue seen was one of the best since DS9.

Rated it about a 7. Alright, but still alot of room for improvement.

Unhappy

Middle of the road. I so wanted this show to hook me back into the series. I really wanted to believe in a currently-running Trek show again.

I'm so disappointed. Didn't like tonight's show, not one bit. I'm done with ENT. Disappointed is a bad word...underwhelmed is better. Completely indifferent suits better.

I'm perfectly content with my DS9 and TNG DVDs.

Overall it managed to keep my interest. I found myself curious about the whole Xindi thing, neat escape from the mines.

Glad it showed Tucker dealing with the loss of his sister. However, it might have just been my local UPN affiliate, but it seems like they accidentally included footage from Jolele Blalock's Maxim photoshoots.

Give the episode a 7 - would've been an 8 but it got dinged for the Vulcan topless therapy.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

I gave it a 6. I saw the tension plotline between the major and Ian coming a mile away and was not impressed. The bad guy in the story line had a lot going and the rescue in the end by the marines saved the story IMHO. It's nice to see human soldiers kicking a little @ss this time becasue by the time TNG and DS9 come around. Humans become a galactic punching bags. All I could do was laugh at the scene with Tucker and T'POL. Baywatch Star Trek Style.

Last season brought into the fold with ENT supporters but now I don't know.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Borrowed by sister's tv last night (well, I was over visiting).

We sat down, hoping to be drawn back in to Enterprise

We have all officially stopped watching forever.

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    I thought it was a pretty good episode. Had a lot of action and the story was ok, and I liked the Assault command guys. And the Vulcan therapy was OK, Tripps reaction was great, "normally, I'd jump at the chance!" (more or less). I know it isn't the Star Trek I grew up with, but I like it anyway.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

Better than I expected it to be, worse than I would have liked it to be.

Pluses:

• Plenty of action; we got to see the Marines in use right away.
    • Opponents not clueless about what was going on with the vent shaft.
    • Grim setting for the mining operation.
    • Mining chief as duplicitous as he should have been.
    • Billingsly as Phlox.
    • The Xindi Council might be divided by some factionalism ... that could make for some good stories, if exploited properly.

Minuses:

• Too much action, maybe even.
    • Gratuitous Blalock rack shots. Maybe they're trying to suggest Vulcans aren't as repressed about sexuality as humans, but the dialog doesn't really support this.
    • A Major would *never* "sir" a lieutenant. A Major is an O-4, equivalent to a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy. Just poor research.

If they keep the season's story arc tight, I'll be really happy. The episode was a decent lead in. I like the multi-species thing.

The specops guys showing up Malcolm was nice; there could be some good tension there. Tripp remains the best character of the bunch, IMO.

As for the T'Pol/Tucker thing, lighten up. If they could have gotten away with it in the '60s, they would have -- I remember a lot of really skimpy costumes and bad 'sensual' situation in TOS. I may not find Blaylock attractive, but what the hell. Besides, they show off Trinneer, what, every other episode? So they're showing just as much male skin as female...equal opportunity sexism just fine by me.

A better response to the "do you think I'm making sexual advances" question would have been: You're an alien! I can't go 1/2 a light year without some alien chick trying to jump me; so yes, I do...

Gave it a six as an individual ep; might be better if the continuity between eps is strong.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by Fesarius
    [*]A Major would *never* "sir" a lieutenant. A Major is an O-4, equivalent to a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy. Just poor research.[/list]
    Well, Trek's never really gotten the military thing down well.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't marine officers defer to Naval officers while on ship? Going on that Lt. Reed would be the Majors "superior." This, of course, would be reversed on the ground.

Originally posted by qerlin
    Well, Trek's never really gotten the military thing down well.
    Yeah but Starfleet is in charge of the vessel, therfore the soldiers have to defer to any Starfleet chief's orders.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Having served in the military...

I have seen the RARE case when a superior officer would refer to a junior officer with "sir." It struck me simply as a courtesy to the junior officer.

Also, as a matter of course, when boarding a ship in the US Navy, one must "request permission to come aboard" from the watch officer, or whomever the officer is greeting the boarding officer. Even an Admiral has to request permission to board another ship.

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

ENT

This season better be good or lose a viewer it will.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain