Thread: 1.5 or 2.0

1.5 or 2.0

I guess CodaTrek was good enough that it won't need a new version as soon as D20SW, but I thought it would be fun to talk about.

PG and NG should each be about 350 pages long, costing about $40 each, black and white if neccessary

Species in PG:

Andorians
    Bajorans
    Betazoids
    Bolians
    Cardassians
    Denobulans
    Ferengi
    Founders
    Humans
    Klingons
    Ktarians
    Ocampa
    Orions
    Regulans
    Romulans
    Talaxians
    Tellarates
    Trill
    Vorta
    Vulcans

PG should add advancement packages from SOM, expanded Species Age Table, introductory "go to paragraph X" adventure

Species in NG:

Benzites
    Borg
    Centaurans
    El Aurians
    Gorn
    Grazerites
    Hirogen
    Jem Hadar
    Kazon
    Nausicaans
    Q
    Rigelians
    Sheliak
    Suliban
    Talarians
    Tholians
    Tiburonese
    Tzenkethi
    Xindi
    Zaldans

Starships in NG:

Akira
    Ambassador
    Constitution
    Daedalus
    Danube
    Defiant
    DY 100
    Excelsior
    Intrepid
    Miranda
    Nebula
    Norway
    NX
    Ranger
    Saber
    Sovereign
    Steamrunner
    T'Plana Hath

D'Deridex
    Romulan Bird of Prey
    Galor
    B'Rel
    K'Tinga
    K'Vort
    Negh'Var
    Vor'Cha
    Borg Cube
    D'Kora

Planet descriptions in NG

Andor
    Bajor
    Betazed
    Borg Prime
    Breen
    Cardassia
    Earth
    Ferenginar
    Kurrill Prime
    Luna
    Mars
    Ocampa
    Qonos
    Romulus
    Remus
    Talax
    Tholia
    Trill
    Vulcan

Creatures in NG

domesticated cat
    domesticated dog
    Mugato
    Targ
    Tribble

NG should include known space inset map from the back of Mandel's book, Starbase descriptions from SOM, new Starbase descriptions, templates for DS9 and DS K7, Species Age Table

What you are asking for is essentially for a pair of books that contain everything to date. That would probably be . . . let's see . . . a pair of 440 page books, retailing for . . . say . . . $75 each, if you're lucky.

J.H.

I don't agree Jesse, have youseen the MASSIVE and totally beautiful Stargate SG-1 RPG CORE BOOK alone is 480+ pages. It retailes for 50 dollars, I got it for 32 + shipping. It has an episode synopsis for every season already aired, all the races, guides to making your own races, al listing of every world, etc etc... It is massive and insanely comprehensive, released by AEG. Are you saying that Decipher couldn't release a book this comprehensive for lesss that 70 dollars?
    "My feet hurt; I'm tired; We are stuck in this god damned damp cave...and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL"!?
    -Gaming Session Player who shall remain unnamed

QuantumRabbit you don't know how much Decipher has to pay for using copyrighted material. Their contract with Paramount probably allows them to use everything from the shows but Cochrane has mentioned images from Starcharts and getting those could be expensive. I also believe that Paramount wants a bigger share of the profits than Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, the company producing Stargate, so they would have to sell those books for more in order to pay their staff.
    I know nothing about the paper and binding quality of the SG-1 RPG book but Decipher products seem to fulfill the highest standards.
    Cochrane also wants statistics and rules for just about everything. The SG-1 book doesn't have vehicle or space combat rules and far less species. I suppose Alderac used a lot of pages to describe background information directly taken from the show. Having to come up with descriptions and statistics for races or starships certainly takes longer than retelling the events from an episode.

And finally, I don't know why anybody would want a new version. If you have too much money contact me. The revisions of Star Wars and D&D were mainly done for profit. Overall there were very little changes to the rules, nothing that couldn't have been handled with a supplement. The changes in SW made more sense and due to the new info and pictures from Episode II I am willing to forgive Wizards for the new edition. However, I can see absolutely no reason for a new version of the Star Trek core books and I don't consider it "fun" talking about the topic since I wouldn't have any benefits from a reprint.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Perhaps they could make some minor additions to the limited edition set. It would benice if they could roll up the rules that have been changed (such as the additions to the Starships book) into the new core rules books, and yes a few more sample races and creatures, without duplicating the entire book. Sometimes you just need something to compare your idea too and basic animals like dogs and cats, and maybe something 'bigger' like a bear/ big cat, to give you an idea how to stat combat animals, is a good idea.

I quite like the idea of the special edition, as it gives me the excuse of having 2 sets of core rules books - handy when the players are generating characters and or arguing over some obscure ruling! (If only I could get them to buy their own sets ! GRRR)
    Ta Muchly

I belive it is highly unlikely that Decipher will, at this point, publish a product that contains information from supplements as a bonus. We aren't talking about computer games here, for which it makes sense to offer a special edition with all patches and addons after sales have droped to zero.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost