View Poll Results: Which of these 70's 80's sci-fi shows do you remember?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Space Academy

16 38.10%
  • Jason of Star Command

24 57.14%
  • Space 1999

40 95.24%
  • Far Out Space Nuts

8 19.05%
  • Ark II

16 38.10%
  • Automan

21 50.00%
  • Quark

19 45.24%
  • Salvage One

22 52.38%
  • Project UFO

15 35.71%
  • UFO

24 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone remember these sci-fi shows?

Does anyone remember these sci-fi shows?

I fondly remember shows like Space Academy and Jason of Star Command....although I liked the latter because it was more action oriented than the moralistic Space Academy.

Whaddayall think? Obviously feel free to list something I may have omitted. Right now, my focus settles on 70's - 80's sci-fi television.

Respectfully,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Cool

I remember 'em all- but then I'm an old guy.

Ark II was cool, sort of a clean Morrow Project. It was also a chance to watch the rocket belt again. They had a chimp though...

James Doohan was the Administrator of Space Academy for a while, but Jason of Star Command was a better show.

Quark was cool, if only for the twins.

I loved the look and acting on 1999, hated the premise.

Project UFO was nowhere near as cool as UFO.

Trivia question: Doesn't anyone, except me, remember Men Into Space, starring William Lundigan?
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    I remember a bunch of these, but I'm trying to forget Automan...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    I remember 'em all- but then I'm an old guy.
    Don't feel bad, so do I & so am I

Sorry. I never heard of any of them.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

I remeber 6 out of 10 of them.

Really liked JoSC and 1999.

Oh, and thanks for making me feel sooo young.

Yes to all of them.
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Gerry Anderson, baby...Space: 1999 (great looking stuff, awful idea), and UFO (bad ass psychedelic alien fighting.)
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

You missed some...

'Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century': Those Earth fighters were awsome...equal or better than...

Battlestar Galactica: I got two word for ya'; Lorne *Flippin'* Greene...another Canadian actor that made it in sci-fi...though (in this case) only after 'time on the farm' (Pa, Hoss, and Little Joe anyone)

How about 'The Phoenix'??? Shortlived, but stll cool.
    (http://imdb.com/title/tt0083464/plotsummary)

Or 'V', which SPACE just started to show again. (Robert Englund...as a GOOD GUY??? Great. And Marc Singer NOT running around in a loincloth.)
    (http://imdb.com/title/tt0085106/)

Hmmm...does 'Manimal' qualify???

(I can add more, if you want)
    __________________________________________________ __
    Of the shows you listed, I can readily recall most. I for the life of me can't think if I watched 'Space Academy' or 'Quark' (I doubt the latter...), but I know I watched 'Project UFO'...but by the name 'Project Blue Book'.

Don't recall UFO either (can someone 'jog my mind' for me).

Three of the 'Saturday Morning' shows I know I watched ('Jason of Star Command','Far Out Space Nuts', and 'Ark II'), and 'Space 1999' kinda' falls in here (a local station used to run it around noon-one PM Sat. in my area.)

'Salvage 1' (no spelling the number) was a neat idea; but kind of restrained (how many times can a 'privite contracter' luanch a rocket-ship that he built himself...the cost alone...ah well; 'Duke Boys' economics)

Lastly (but not least) 'Automan'...*sigh*...if only 'Tron' had done better, or more people gave this show a chance. It was a good (if somewhat cheesy) idea: A crimefighting hologram, a pet ('cursor') and his creator/mentor/freind battle to keep the streets safer...and the vehicles in this show were awesome...wish I could find pics of the jet alone.
    (Funny enough, I was just thinking of this show and Tron the other day; I'm working on a superhero for an RPG that's a cross between Tron and Batman...so, this show naturally slipped in to my head)
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

I got 4 of them... But most of them didn't play over here...

However while we are remembering. Did this BBC Sci Fi make it out. There were only ever 6-odd episodes...

Star Cops
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Star Cops - good stuff. Way too good to be mentioned in the company of some of the crappy kid-vid cited above.

There were 9 episodes. They've played on PBS in the States. I have all 9 episodes on tape, albeit bad (but watchable) copies.

Hey, Ark II...I thought I was the only person in the world that had ever watched that show!

Was one of my favourite Saturday morning shows when I was a kid!

Regarding Space: 1999...has anyone watched it recently? I used to love it when I was a kid, but I haven't seen an episode in well over 20 years, and I'm wondering if it dated badly, or if it still holds up?

(Edited to fix broken HTML tag...)
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

You left out "The Man from Atlantis", and one about Captain Nemo in the late 20th century; I think it was called "The New Adventures of Captain Nemo", but I could be wrong. Both gone, but not quite forgotten, unfortunately.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Has anyone seen the graphics/info on TRON 2.0?
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Originally posted by Shoshuro
    Has anyone seen the graphics/info on TRON 2.0?
    I've played through about half of it so far. It looks very pretty and I think they did a good job of capturing the feel of the movie while updating it for today. There are some screen shots and stuff at the official website.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."