2 7.41%

3 11.11%

14 51.85%

5 18.52%

0 0%

Thread: Enterprise: Rate "Anomaly"

Enterprise: Rate "Anomaly"

Well, what did you think of this one?

I give it an 8. Very well planned action, kept you sitting up on the edge of your seat. Also further established the "mean streak" that's being developed amongst the crew, especially the Captain.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Cool

I agree with you on the rating, but I'm not comfortable with the way the Captain's attitude is developing. I'm hoping that someone shakes Archer up a bit and reminds him that he's also an explorer and an ambassador.

Good episode all around and its also nice to see the Enterprise be a bit less of a punching bag for once, though it looks like they're going to have to find some trinium (or trilium or whatever) to insulate the hull- and soon!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

I agree with you on the rating, but I'm not comfortable with the way the Captain's attitude is developing. I'm hoping that someone shakes Archer up a bit and reminds him that he's also an explorer and an ambassador.
    Oh, yeah I'm sure that will happen... Archer will "cross the line" at some point, and somebody's going to snap and just go off on him with a tyrade of ethics, which makes Archer realizes that he's become too much like the image of the people is he is hunting (I say that because we don't know about the personallity of the Xindi yet). Perhaps this sets the stage even for future Stafleet regs.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I gave this episode an '8'. Good action, interesting story, and enjoying the ethical rollercoaster ride that Archer is starting on. I agree that, at some point, someone will have to help bring Archer back in line (maybe more than one person, given some of the crew reactions to the actions and decisions of the Captain during the episode).

I really like the air of mystery that's surrounding both the Xindi and the Expanse. I'm glad that this isn't going to be the focus of the remainder of the series, but I think that it'll provide some good mid series drama, or at least a good season's worth, that will hopefully give the series a much needed jumpstart with the fan base (reflective in ratings).

All in all, though, the first two episodes of this new season haven't disappointed, and judging by the preview for next week, it looks like it shouldn't anytime soon.

Greg

Cool

8. Liked this one more than the season premiere. The effects folk are having fun with the anomalies on board. I loved watching crewmen and food fly around. I hope (and assume) we'll find out more about the "sphere" at some point.

As far as being explorers and ambassadors... for the duration of this mission, that's only true in the most basic sense. They are not currently on a general mission of exploration. They are specifically tasked with finding the Xindi and stopping the coming attack... which is not to say Archer shouldn't behave himself.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I gave it an 8. Good episode all around. I was impressed with camera direction and visuals.

Was that the first episode to have a crew member die on the show?
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

I gave it an 8 as well..

i was wondering.. did the torture scene bother any one?

Yeah, the torture scene bothered me. Clearly a violation of the Geneva Convention. I know, that doesn't apply in galactic space, but it ought to be a guideline for Starfleet personnel.

I also thought it was a better episode than the premiere. Did anyone notice who the writer was?
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

-Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Mike Sussman... he's a veteran Voyager writer (silent pause)

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    I gave it an 8 as well..

i was wondering.. did the torture scene bother any one?
    Nope. But I wasn't the one in the airlock.

Gave it a 9. I liked the captain having to make tough decisions, like torturing a guy. Season 3's off to a good, solid start. And the crew's finally winning some fights.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Looks like a solid 8 so far. I gave it an 8 as well. I like the morality play aspect, and expect to see Archer slapped back to ethical conduct at some point.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Talking

yes. The torture bit was a bit much, but I hope he feels bad about it later on. I can see the tactical nessessity of it tho, but it shouldn't happen too often. Otherwise the crew will get nervous.
    I wonder if the 'station' will become a plot point later on. If not, It would make a great adventure McGuffin for players. I have all sortss of fun with Pre-Adamic artifacts.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Saw it. Liked it. Nothing special about it. Gave it a 6. They have finally given Archer some teeth.

Finally seen it for the first time and didn't like it that much.

To be honest, I was surprised how positive I reacted to my first run of seasons 1 and 2. The first two episodes of season 3 don't do it for me just yet.

The idea with the weapon and the grim setting and pressure it sets up is okay by my, but the extreme shift in character the writer's give Archer isn't that well recieved by me. It is too extreme. Archer simply doesn't seem like a torturer guy to me.

Got a call, more later