Thread: Question on radiation and ship's shields

Question on radiation and ship's shields

Hello All,

Quick question: How do I handle various radations with ships shields? How do I tell if the radiation penatrates the shields or how long it would take to penatrate the shields. Once penatrated how much damage is caused. I have all the Role Playing books but can't find this info.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am looking to throw some radiation at my player.

Fully up to you there. All of it is for plot, move the time as you see fit. Just set some initial like 4 hours, and when they are doing stuff every now and then push it back, or allow it to affect the characters, whatever better suits the plot.

If they aren't doing anything useful speed it up, maybe have a compartment blow up and kill some crew, that oughta get them moving on the ideas.

Radiation side effects are also something to consider, does it make you go crazy? or maybe your skin melts, or your hair falls out...all could be based on how much radiation is seeping in...as the GM it is all up to you.
    "My feet hurt; I'm tired; We are stuck in this god damned damp cave...and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL"!?
    -Gaming Session Player who shall remain unnamed