Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween Borg Adventure

Sure you don't mean a "honey trap?" A honey pot is an old slang term for a chamber pot.

Well maybe I meant Honey pot, none of them fell for it

As a reminder to all GM's - the players never look at any of your clues and wander round in the dark without a clue what's going on - and always think of an (obvious) solution you never thought of.

Still, 2 of them still stuck their hand in it all the same
    Ta Muchly

Isn't Halloween suppose to scary you some? What do you have in mind for the PCs to scary them? Dim lights, spook sounds playing? Oh how about this, when a Borg drone gets shot they start laughing? That would creep me out (I can't do a good evil/mad scientist mu-hahaha laugh very well)! Or is it more the traditional story with Halloween themed elements? Just wondering if you're look for effect or a good story with flavor.

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

Just an idea I had to make things a bit creepier : the Borg and mad scientist could eventually come up with something a bit "nanite-esque" (ie that can assimilate people they are injected into), only the process is much more slow and random (it could also be a sort of advanced drug - drawing people to the assimilation chamber...). Our Borg proceed to inject as many people as possible (contaminating the water maybe ?), and the people then randomly become affected and rush to the service of the Mad Scientist and the Borg.
    This could lead to interesting possession scenes, with people suddenly stopping dead in their sentences and rushing with superhuman strength and zombie-like speed (both come suprisingly often together ) to the Mad Scientist's lair, muttering "must... join... collective..."

"The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

" rushing with . . . zombie-like speed"

Huh? Stagger, shamble, shamble, stagger. That's hardly rushing. Zombies are not noted for being fast.

Sorry, this was my attempt at being oxymoronic
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

C5, I think most of us understood exactly what you meant by zombie speed. If Owen didn't get the joke... Well, we all know he commuted to Starfleet Academy on the short shuttle.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Hey Dan,
    I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal a chunk of your idea for my Halloween game. I was thinking of doing Ravenloft or World of Darkness, but your idea sparked my creative juices. How does this sound: Borg sphere enters Federation space during the Dominion War and gets pounced on by a small fleet (that was assembled to defend against a Dominion attack that never comes: bad luck for the Borg). The sphere is destroyed while the ship the PCs are on has its shields down.
    The Borg attempt to beam on board, but need the ship's own transporters to finish the transport. The PCs realize what is happening and lock the Borg out of the transporter which (unbeknownst to the PCs) dumps the Borg patterns into the holodeck instead (ala Our Man Bashir). One of the PCs uses the Captain Proton program and viola', you have a black and white horror show! The PCs then have to clear them out before they expand out of the holodeck and assimilate the ship.

Steal away! Wouldn't be posting here if I minded people borrowing ideas.

In another week I'll be developing this adventure more fully. Right now I'm working on time-travelling neanderthal-like aliens visiting their descendents in the aftermath of a nuclear war... (It's amazing how your imagination comes back to life after a nine month hiatus from Trek games)