Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Timelord Returns - For Real This Time

The Timelord Returns - For Real This Time

We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Nice! I guess my brother'll be very interested.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Very cool. As long as they don't pull a BSG, I'll be happy.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    YES!!!!!!!
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    YES!!!!!!!
    Glad I cheered someone up today!
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

I'm glad to hear this. I didn't get to see most of them until well after they were aired, because back then only MPT ran British television here in the States.

I hope they don't screw it up.

If you ask me, there is only one man to fill this role.

Anthony Stewart Head.

Think about it... he can handle it all... comedy, drama, exposition, and he makes it look easy... it's like Buffy was a seven year long warm up!

ASH, all the way!

(Hey, a guy can dream! )

Also, it would be nice if Paul McGann got a better shot at the role than that movie on Fox... I liked him, disliked the film.

Well, I guess we'll see. But this is great news!

H.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Originally posted by Hugh Casey
    Also, it would be nice if Paul McGann got a better shot at the role than that movie on Fox... I liked him, disliked the film.
    I've watched it three or four times now (I taped it), and I feel about the same way. Of course, my first exposure to Paul McGann was Disney's interpretation of "The Three Musketeers" (Chris O'Donnel, Tim Curry, Keifer Sutherland, et al). McGann came across as a complete git (which was probably the intention), so I was dead set against him playing Dr. Who in the Fox debacle.

That said, after a few times through the VCR, I'm starting to appreciate McGann's performance in a horrible movie. But, I'm not sure he would be the best choice for the new series, given his connection to the Fox telefilm. Of course, I have no idea on who to use to replace him, since my knowledge of young British actors is, well, quite poor, to say the least.

Just a thought...for the next pilot, I think they should try to get Sean Connery to play the Master. Just once.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

PG is the only Dr. Who for me. He deserves to really lay down his chops as the 8th Doctor and silence the critics.

Much the same way i feel Clooney was the best Batman with the worst script.

On a side note, I really don't care who it is in the end, I am just happy it is coming back.

w00t
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Originally posted by Sea Tyger

just a thought...for the next pilot, I think they should try to get Sean Connery to play the Master. Just once.
    Naw, Connery is a definetly a good actor, but you need someone more subtle then he. I have been thinking about this very question all day, and just came up with Ralph (?) Finnes (again ?) or someone like him. Seeing him in Foolproof even David Suchet might also be a candidate. I will have to think further on it.

Originally posted by Phantom
    Naw, Connery is a definetly a good actor, but you need someone more subtle then he. I have been thinking about this very question all day, and just came up with Ralph (?) Finnes (again ?) or someone like him. Seeing him in Foolproof even David Suchet might also be a candidate. I will have to think further on it.
    I dunno about Fiennes. He may not look sinister enough for the role of the Master. It's hard to duplicate Roger Delgado or even Anthony Ainley's presence on the screen...hmmm...must think about this some more....
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

To make another Buffy reference -- for the Master, how about the guy who played Ethan Raine?
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

/me does happy dance.

Big Dr. Who fan -- seen nearly all of 'em. Would love to work on a Who RPG. New series nearly just as good!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    To make another Buffy reference -- for the Master, how about the guy who played Ethan Raine?
    Though a good Buffy nemisis, he is a little too "comedic" for The Master.