Thread: Return of the King trailer now online!

Return of the King trailer now online!

All I can say is...

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!

http://www.lordoftherings.net

WOW...must see...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Incredible!

Hey, question! Do you guys know what the beam of light shooting up from Minas Morgul is? I couldn't quite figure that out, I feel that I should know but I can't remember. Thanks!

I'm guessing it might be Frodo or Sam using Galadriel's Phial of light?

Sooth.

Originally posted by ben hur
    Incredible!

Hey, question! Do you guys know what the beam of light shooting up from Minas Morgul is? I couldn't quite figure that out, I feel that I should know but I can't remember. Thanks!
    I cast my vote for it being when Frodo and Sam use the phial of Galadrial to break the will of the Watchers of Cirith Ungol. A blast of that much elvish power could certainly cause that! Not only that, but -- cinematically speaking -- such a scene makes a good segue from events at Cirith Ungol to catch us up on what's going on with Denethor in Minas Tirith.
    Last edited by Camdin; 09-30-2003 at 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by Camdin
    I cast my vote for it being when Frodo and Sam use the phial of Galadrial to break the will of the Watchers of Cirith Ungol. A blast of that much elvish power could certainly cause that! Not only that, but -- cinematically speaking -- such a scene makes a good segue from events at Cirith Ungol to catch us up on what's going on with Denethor in Minas Tirith.
    I don't think it is related to Sam and Frodo, because one of the scenes has them watching the column of light from afar.

Since Minas Morgul seems to be bathed in that sickly green light in the scene where Frodo is climbing away from it, I think it is some sort of beacon for the bad guys.

Incredible!

Any chance it could be Cirith Ungol, and not Minas Morgul? If so, then I'd suggest it's a signal the Watchers toss up when Sam breaks through the barrier.

Just a guess...can't wait for this film!

My vote is for Cirith Ungol since they would be a long way from Minas Morgul at that point.

Incredible!

My vote is for the Great Signal that goes off just before the Witch King and the armies of Morgul saddle up and head out to kick Gondor's @$$. Re-read that bit in the Two Towers where Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are just starting up the stairs of Cirith Ungol and you'll see what I mean.

BTW, how many of you suspect that the last thing we see (Sam screaming "NO!") takes place in the Samath Naur?

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

TheOneRing.net has it as Minas Morgul, and the Tower of the Moon on their scene-by-scene breakdown of the trailer:

http://www.theonering.net/movie/prev...iler01_07.html

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    BTW, how many of you suspect that the last thing we see (Sam screaming "NO!") takes place in the Samath Naur?
    That's my guess. After Frodo finally falls to corruption and claims the Ring for himself.

Could be cool.

I'm with Chris on all counts

I believe that scene is a part of the Morgul host heading off to War. One scene in the trailer has Frodo looking back, almost reluctantly, and definitely fearfully. I'm suspecting he's getting a gander of the Witch-King heading out.

And yes!! I'm fully suspecting that the last scene with Sam is in the Cracks. Heavy ...

Originally posted by Ineti
    That's my guess. After Frodo finally falls to corruption and claims the Ring for himself.

Could be cool.
    I think so too. And yes, it will be cool, I'm sure. I've always thought that Elijah Wood was born to not only do Frodo's role but to do that particular part of his role, the final showdown in Mount Doom.

And thanks for the ideas on what you guys think the light is, I think I'm going along Chris and Manveru's line of thought.