Thread: Queen of Laketown?

Queen of Laketown?

Hey all,

I'm working on a chronicle based on the refounding of Dale after the Battle of Five Armies. I've gone through the index of ROTK, and other sources, but can't find any reference to who Bard's queen may have been.

Any ideas?

I'm perfectly willing to just make something up, if needs be, but thought somebody might have a clue on the canon fact here.

Thanks!

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!
    I have never seen a reference to her name. As you can see from the most of the geneologies given, the name of the woman is not mentioned.

So the slate is wide open for you to create a Queen of Dale. The Master of Laketown and his wife are also not named (AFAIK), so you can create names and histories for them as well.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those
    who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante Alighieri

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
    Sandra

"Michael Moore is reminiscent of a heavy-handed Leni Riefenstahl, who glorified Nazism in the 1930s." Peter Worthington, Toronto Sun.

Way to go! I believe this is the first time I've heard of someone basing a chronicle around Lake Town and Dale, that is a really neat chronicle theme.

As Kaiddin said, a Queen of Dale sounds fine. The Queens of Gondor were hardly ever mentioned, even though there was a large amount of time spent on detailing the Kings of Gondor. No Queen of Dale is ever mentioned, but there is almost no information on the Kings of Dale, so I wouldn't expect the Queens of Dale to be mentioned.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help! I'll just go ahead and figure out who the Queen is on my own then.

Glad you like the concept for the Dale campaign. It should be quite interesting hopefully. I'm running it in a "dynastic" style. If you're familiar with Chaosium's old Pendragon game, you know what I mean. Basically, I'm setting one adventure per year of game time. That figures that that adventure was the most important event in the PCs life that year.

The game actually started with the PCs involved in the Battle of Five Armies, and I plan on continuing it right up to the War of the Ring (with luck!)

So, the basic plotline runs thusly:
    In the early stages, Bard decides to refound Dale. According to the appendices of ROTK, that's complete within 4 years after the Bo5A.

After that, the PCs will become more involved in the actual running of the land, and become lords in their own right over time. At this point, it's probably time to start retiring initial PCs and bring in new ones.

Along this time, one of the Dwarf Rings will be found (they were supposedly fed to the dragons... my plan is to have one discovered in Long Lake, after Smaug has decayed). The son of Bard will eventually get this ring. It will corrupt him, turning him greedy and wicked.

The PCs will at this point become outlaws as they oppose the rule of this new king. Further, they will have in their care Bard's Grandson, who one day will become King of Dale, after the PCs have done away with Bard's son. Most likeley, one of the players will end up playing the grandson as well.

That's about what I've got at this point. I can see that all taking at least 40 years of game time if properly spread out.

FWIW, a lot of the stuff in this chronicle is based on the Robin of Sherwood TV series from the UK in the 80's. I'm already grooming one of the PCs to become very much like "Hearn" from that series... Should be fun!