Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Star Trek] Paper miniatures online

[Star Trek] Paper miniatures online

I've just uploaded what I hope will be the beginning of an ongoing project that will allow you to construct your own Star Trek paper miniatures online and print them out.

<a href="http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/scarecrow/trekminis/index.htm">Star Trek Crew Replicator</a>

I have provided a variety of skin colours, optional heads (for Humans, Vulcans, Andorians and Bolians) and uniforms from all periods of Star Trek (except the pilot - no reason, I just forgot), along with a variety of accessories (phasers, tricorders etc).

As it stands only the males are currently done with females to follow shortly and as yet the artwork is a little ropey but it's a start.

Regretably the page only works properly in IE5+ I am extremely sorry about this but there's nothing I can do about it as yet.

As I say, I will soon be adding female equivalents of the male pages. I will also be adding more alien head variations, more uniforms to all pages (such as admiral uniforms and dress uniforms and captain's variants etc) aswell as the TOS pilot uniforms - as and when time permits.

Any feedback will be warmly welcome

For now enjoy,

Scarecrow

Thumbs up Nice, Nice, Nice

Top Job Scarecrow.

Could not have done that myself, especially in the time frame you did it.

I have some suggestions for your next updates, after the females, of course.

Update 1 - You should be able to create any character from the series, which would require the following additions;

Klingon Head, Honour Sash, Mat'Leth or Bat'leth - Worf
    Visor - Geordi
    Comms earpiece - Uhura
    Non Uniform Jumpsuit - Deanna
    Trill Spots - Dax (Would the detail work?)
    Specially Pale Body - Data
    Vulcan Salute Arm - Spock (OK, not just spock, but I'd like to see/use this)
    Coffee Mug - Janeway
    etc.

By focusing on being able to create the series characters you build a range of accessories and heads that can serve the wider range of characters

Update 2 - Accessories. The following might work?
    Bottle (maybe Green contents?)
    holstered phasers and Tricorders...
    Phasers at rest? - I would have liked to have built a character holding the weapon pointing down?
    Padds
    Tools/Toolkit
    A Console/Captains chair - For the background.

Dynamic Bodies - I know we were discussing opinios for adding Phaser rifles, and I had a sudden brainwave... A dynamic body in limited numbers of poses... so only minor sdjustments could be applied? As most of these would likely be security guards? This lack of individualisation would be less of a problem, and also decide the uniform colour...

Perhaps also, a slightly wider character strip. I misplaced a figure slightly and the result overlapped into the other side. So I had to rebuild. Less of a problem, but a wider strip would be helpful...

Good Work Fella!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Excitant work Scarecrow, and they said you didn't have a brain (kidding). I wait for the next installment in your series, females.

Feed back, the Trill spots would be a good addition, some other body colors wouldn't hurt, pinkish/reddened, green.

One other thing, you might want to recommend heavier types of paper for printing quality.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Yes, Trill spots was something I intended to include in the first version, as was a Visor but didn't get round to it.

They'll definately make the next update, as will pretty much all of the above suggestions, cheers, Dan. Some great ideas there.

I think the Trill Spots will work but they may need to be chunky and exaggerated like the phasers.

Again, holstered Phasers would have been included but the ones that already exist are a tad larger than they should be and whilst they look okay in the character's hands they looked waaay to big on their hips. I'll sort it but it'll have to be for the next update.

If you have any further ideas or suggestions then feel free to post them here or e-mail me.

Regards

Crow

Scarecrow - man that is alot of fun, and way too distracting from my REAL work! Well done
    Ta Muchly

Very excellent work. It looks like miniatures will finally become part of my RPG sessions for Trek. Nice!!
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Wonderful Scarecrow! Like Evan, I may come to use minis in our games

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Scarecrow,
    Found a problem in the program you should know about. The DS9/VOY era science and engineering uniforms have the rear view, right arms in place so you cannot use the arm options at the bottom of the page.

Other than that, I'm having way too much fun wwith your site.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Dude...

What can I say but bravo! You my friend, love Trek and have taken alot of time a effort in bringing minis to our beloved game. Thank you so much from our gaming group and beyond.

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Scarecrow,
    Found a problem in the program you should know about. The DS9/VOY era science and engineering uniforms have the rear view, right arms in place so you cannot use the arm options at the bottom of the page.

Other than that, I'm having way too much fun wwith your site.
    BUGGER! LOL!

Missed that one completely. I'll have it sorted by tomorrow.
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Scarecrow

Scarecrow

Thanks for all the efort you've put into this.
    I'm loving this so much. You've totally blown me away with your work and I look forward to seeing the stuff to come.
    Mus go now, got the crew of a scout ship to put together, the male half anyway.

Regards

Renny

We have minatures for our Trek game.. This is an amazing job. Like it can not wait to see the finished product.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Cool

Scarecrow,

Beautiful! Thank you!!!

Okay, the DS9/Voy arm problem is fixed!

Sorry about that

I'm about done with the female bodies and uniforms but the hairstyles are going to take a while. I reckon they should be uploaded sometime early next week

Regards

Crow