Thread: Prisoner of War

Question Prisoner of War

I've let my Trek campaign remain idle for a year of real time and I am getting ready to fire it back up. Ideas are always good help. So here is what I have.

This is primarily a one player game. The main character is a Betazed Starfleet Intelligence officer. When last we saw her, she had infiltrated a Maquis cell only to be captured by Cardassian forces. We left off at that cliffhanger.

I want to pick up one game year later. Our officer has been in a Cardassian labor camp/prison/whatever for that past year. When the game starts up, the time frame is just after the fall of DS9 into Dominion hands.

So, I need ideas for a few prison adventures, and a good way to get my officer out of prison. Also, good ideas for the name of the prison and the location. Thanks!
    <i>"On Earth there is no poverty, no crime, no war. You look out the window of Starfleet headquarters, and you see paradise. Well, it's easy to be a saint in paradise."</i> Benjamin Sisko

The chances are, she's been through hell at the hands of someone like Gul Madred (or even Gul Madred himself) -- see "TNG: Chain of Command".

Madred came very close to breaking Picard. Only the fact that Picard was exchanged before Madred could quite finish with him prevented it.

So that's one thing you're going to need to deal with.

One idea might be a situation in which she can help someone escape -- why not Thomas Riker, if you want a DS9 tie-in -- or she can escape herself. The idea is to demonstrate the Star Fleet values by putting someone else's life ahead of your own.

Another idea might be a "Hogan's Heroes" style situation -- she has a chance to inflict some sort of sabotage on some Cardassian project the prisoners are being made to work on. It has to be subtle, because if it's detected, prisoners will be killed in retaliation. But it has to be effective, or why take the chance?

Since it is a one player game. I would suggest that she rescue an older starfleet officer, say a Lieutenant, that eventually makes him/her self up to the rank of Captain, and then the Betazoid character can have a large contact to provide transportation.

AMC or TCM has been playing STALAG 17 fairly often this month, check it out, its set in a WW2 German Camp and deals with a spy in the American camp.

This could be a good thing for you as you could have a Human who is a spy for the Cardassians. Check the movie out for some cool details.

Also the Great Escape and Hart's War could be very, very interesting for your game.

I love the idea by the way...post some more on it, including information about the character and her stats!

You might also get a story out of this: after she's rescued, someone is discovered passing secrets to the Cardassians -- and she's on the short list of people who could be doing it.

Now she has to ask herself: did they somehow program me? Or is someone else the culprit? Do her own people suspect her? Do they suspect someone else, but put her through the ringer to make the real suspect lower his guard? Has she been programmed? All these questions could lead to several interesting episodes.

I like the Stalag 17 premise very much- But Sefton was a selfish persona until he revealed the reason why-Of course she could play off that type well even become a covert ally to find the spy.
    Last edited by varin; 06-27-2004 at 10:54 AM.
    I was born in a camp on Bajor- I joined the Resistance at 12 to fight for my people and my freedom. I joined Starfleet to help KEEP that freedom. As the Prophets will it I shall not fail you, Captain.

Lt.Commander Varin Rel-Former Starfleet Special Operatons officer-now assigned to the USS LUMUMBA-NCC-78245 as CTO.