Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miniatures Update

Scarecrow, I'd like to add my own plaudits to those already logged about your site and the work you're put in. Simply ... you rock.

I can't wait to see what else you have lined up. If you'll permit, I have a few suggestion: other Alien Races (Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians and so forth; maybe even Ferengi), Starfleet Dress Uniforms and Environment Suits would be great. As to a possible collaberation with Identity Crisis, I look forwards to future developments with interest and anticipation.

All power to you and may the Great Bird bless your future endeavours.

Since you have Andorians how about Chakha as one of the things you can hold?
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Cheers, Liz.

Nice to see someone using it aswell =)

Crow

I am using it as well. Great work! I love what you have done with the replicator!

I'm planning on using your paper minis when I run Perditions Flames for my group. It would be soooo nice if the replicator supported Klingons.

Baring that, is there any chance you could post a single Klingon paper mini for use with Perdition's Flames?

Thanks much,
    -MC

How bizarre is this! This thread has been dead for months and I just happened to look it up this morning for no real reason. Next thing I know, it's alive again! Wierd in a twilight zone kind of way...

Klingon minis - yeah, they're on the to-do list right after I've finished upgrading the federation crew. I've done the female Enterprise, TOS Pilot, TOS and TMP pages so far but I'm not going to upload until the whole lot are done. So it might be a while.

However, having said this, I think it's a great suggestion and I might do a handful of fixed minis for use with Perdition's flame; Davis, Korris and some klingon soldiers.

Watch this space.

Crow

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    How bizarre is this! This thread has been dead for months and I just happened to look it up this morning for no real reason. Next thing I know, it's alive again! Wierd in a twilight zone kind of way...
    I've been sending you good vibes for the past few days since I found your replicator.
    Klingon minis - yeah, they're on the to-do list right after I've finished upgrading the federation crew. I've done the female Enterprise, TOS Pilot, TOS and TMP pages so far but I'm not going to upload until the whole lot are done. So it might be a while.
    That is great news!

However, having said this, I think it's a great suggestion and I might do a handful of fixed minis for use with Perdition's flame; Davis, Korris and some klingon soldiers.

Watch this space.

Crow
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This rocks, 'crow! I'm already setting up minis for the crew of my Star Trek: Centennial game...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Scarecrow

So glad to see this thread is back up and running.
    I've been churning out miniatures for a while now (30 odd for TOS crew, + player characters from the three or four other campaigns we've run over the years).
    The thought of new miniatures to come has just made my week

Really like the idea of scenario personalities as well.

Regards and good vibes also

Renny

Thumbs up

That's awesome. Thanks.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

Thumbs up Doing my bit to help…

Hey S-crow, go to see your still on this side of the lawn.
    Like the Klingons you’ve done, and really looking forward to Romulans, Borg, and other races ‘down the line’. And on that note:
    http://startrekanimated.com/exetercomic.html
    This months ‘issue’ of the ‘Star Trek Animated/Adventures’ comic features a story with M’ress as the central character (though I think the Caitian/Regelian male look different than depicted).
    Oh, Arex is there too (though most poeple down care for the 'original' Edoans...think thats right)

Myself, I’m working on a three-tier system ‘miniature-wise’: paper (well, cardstock), plastic, and metal.
    ‘Paper’: Printouts of really minor NPC, ‘crowd filler’, and so on.
    ‘Plastic’: I have a whack of plastic ‘Fleet Action’ miniatures ‘Starfleet’ (albeit all male humans), which I converted to cadets. I also have a set of Borg. Just wished I got the Klingons and Ferengi. Also wish that Action Fleet did Cardassians and Romulans, but oh well.
    Metal: I have a set of the LUG miniatures, I also converted a Reaper miniature (the second ‘Cleo Goldpaws Weretigeress’), and I’m looking at other possible miniature to convert, so even if Decipher won’t ‘get going’, at least I’ve go my own stuff.
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Re: Doing my bit to help…

Originally posted by Modem
    Hey S-crow, go to see your still on this side of the lawn.
    Like the Klingons you’ve done, and really looking forward to Romulans, Borg, and other races ‘down the line’.
    Well, yes, I'd definately like to do some more but I really want to get the Miniature Maker updated to the new version first. I'm sorely tempted to do some Romulans and maybe Ferengi, Cardassians and Jem Hadar in the same style as the Klingons though.
    Something else I'm considering is a Constitution Bridge paper model in the same scale - 28mm as a start to a whole series of downloadable paper model sets - but that's an entirely new ballpark =)

And on that note:
    http://startrekanimated.com/exetercomic.html
    This months ‘issue’ of the ‘Star Trek Animated/Adventures’ comic features a story with M’ress as the central character (though I think the Caitian/Regelian male look different than depicted).
    Oh, Arex is there too (though most poeple down care for the 'original' Edoans...think thats right)
    What an EXCELLENT site! I'm going to enjoy reading those over the next few days. I've always REALLY liked the Caitans and Edoans since I first came across them in the FASA RPG (I really don't recall them from when I watched the animated show as a nipper) and I like the idea of Alien crew members that are more than just humans with bumpy heads. As a result, Caitians and Edoans have always been prominant UFP races in my games.

Crow

Scarecrow

A 28mm scale Constitution bridge ? Yes please
    Can I help in any shape or form?

I've said it before and i'll say it again, your work is exceptional and each new posting you make brings a smile to my face with the possibilities of the stuff you've got planned.

More power to you

Regards

Renny

Well, we'll see. It's not power I need more like 36 hours in a day - then again, don't we all =)
    I hope I won't dissapoint.
    Cheers,

Crow

If you were to do no more from this point on then i'd say you've still done more than enough.

Regards

Renny