Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miniatures Update

Miniatures Update

I've added the women to the Paper Miniature Maker.

I've made a few changes. They now have entire alternate right arms. This may change again if I decide to give them Phaser Rifles.

I've also made the workspace wider and made all front and back views seperate so that the miniatures may be spaced however you see fit.

None of these changes have been implemented in the Male section but will be soon.

You can get to the Miniature Maker by clicking here:

Star Trek: Crew Replicator

Enjoy

Crow

PS - how's about posting some of your characters here?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Been waiting all weekend for you to finish the fems. Excellent work. Here's my first try at Cmdr Powers:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Thumbs up Umm...maybe it's just on my system...

But the 'nearside' green hands (Orions in Starfleet...COOL, I happen to have one as a nurse in my game) are a little low. They block the wording (minor problem, but one none the less).

Say SC, how close are you to adding the 'blank' uniforms, like I suggested (I'm guessing they're somewhere below: adding other species [both threat and non-threat], and adding 'dress' uniform...am I right?).
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Cmdr Powers is cool! Nice one.

As for the hands misplacing. Yeah, I noticed that myself. I'm not sure what's causing it. I find that if I refresh the page it often sorts the problem and spaces them properly.

As for blanks, well I'm not sure what you mean, sort of the entire miniature-maker again but just in black and white?

Well, maybe if there's a huge demand for it. I've an awful lot that I'd prefer to do first though.

Regards

Crow

There goes my weekend...

Looks like i've got no excuse now not to start working up the crew of my TOS USS Hermes, DS9 USS BonHomme Richard, TNG USS Vigilant and after - DS9 USS Pioneer.

Scarecrow, I wish there was an award or something we could give you for this work. It's spot on, and if Decipher had any sense they'd be pushing to make this an official resource on their website.

Great stuff and thanks again.

regards

Renny

Re: Miniatures Update

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    I've also made the workspace wider and made all front and back views seperate so that the miniatures may be spaced however you see fit.
    I kind of liked it the old way, easer to go from the bottom of the page back to the top without loosing your parts.

As for images Ok
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Re: Miniatures Update

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    I've added the women to the Paper Miniature Maker.

Andorian Females do not fit in the workspace well. The antenae is to high.
    Splitting the sections up that are linked on the males. BAD idea. It was twice as long making my NPC Andorian Engineer then it did my Vulcan Commander. Keeping it linked allowed less placement time. Making it look parallel. Now I have to do that Manually? on every piece? I do not like it.

Now What I like
    Better job in the design this time around the art is crisper. More races which I can not wait for the Male extentions on. The hairstyles for women better than the men. The faces are great. We can make Minatures for Women and Men!

I'd love to see more races showing up like Regulans, Alteods, etc. More enemy races and such. Klingons, Romulans, Borg, Dominion, Ferengi etc. I know this takes time and these are a phenom job.
    It's cartoony but that is cool you see the features and that is important on the size of these when they print.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Okay, that thng just rocks. That's great! Ever think about doing other time periodes? Could be neat for Holo-deck adventures or even other games!

Just plain neat.

Thanks all.

A few people have commented on the seperation of elements in the females section. My reasoning for this was that it allowed you to space the elements as you saw fit. This, I decided would help when I added Phaser Rifles as it would allow you shift the front and back views nearer or further apart depending on how much space you needed between them. A few people have said that they are not keen on this new feature however and I have to say that whilst I don't exactly consider it hard work, it is annoying having to drag-scroll-drag all the time.

I have had a brainwave on this front. I may try flipping the elements so that they face away from each other instead of towards each other. The outside edge doesn't change. The arms either hang by the side of the figure or they fold across it. The inside edge does change depending on what the characters are holding and if I were to swap these edges around, it would make use of the fact that you have to trim the outside edges down close to the figure once it's printed anyway.

It's a definite future revision allowing the elements to be attached again but retaining versatility.

Phew!

Crow

Great tool, but all this dragging around is 'inconvenient, certainly since there is only one spot where you can put each 'item'. Why not make it clickable instead. So if I click that arm and that head and that hair it appears in the image instead of having to drag all these things to the precise exactly same spot?

Thijs

Thijs Krijger
    ---------------------

That would be ideal, but sadly I'm an artist, not a coder and so I can only use scripts that I find for free on the net

Crow

Well I am a coder and I was thinking of having a play with this to see if I could make it more cross-browser compatible (I hate having to switch to IE just for this).

I think I could quite easily knock up a system that's quicker to use, positions things precisely and works in IE5+, Netscape 6+, Mozilla and Opera 7+ (all assuming JavaScript and CSs enabled). I'll give it a go over the weekend and report back on Monday. Then if Scarecrow likes what I've done he can take that and use it.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

Absolutely. That'd be fantastic. Let me know what you come up with.

What I'd ideally like is to have the workspace and then a series of buttons allowing you to cycle through the various options. This'd make the screen much smaller.

Or maybe have just one example of each item and then buttons to scroll through the colour variations.

Failing that a script that made items jump from their page space to the workspace and then back again if clicked on would make things much easier than drag-scroll-drag!

Thanks for taking the time and let me know if you need anything.

Crow

Scarecrow, here's another site you might want to see.

http://fff.fathom.org/heromaker/index.fhtml

It's not at all like the program your working with, but it might help inspire some of the items that have been mentioned.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"