Thread: My 4th Age Game - Thread 2

My 4th Age Game - Thread 2

Okay the other thread was getting a tad bulky. It can be viewed here .

Now then the last question I asked there was...

Would Lond Daer have been rebuilt by King Elessar in the 4th Age?

Anyone?

Hold on, question of my own: How much do you care about staying true to canon? In my case, it's pretty much "Stay as strict as possible, but no problem with inventing things when nothing is stated or hinted at by Tolkien" It's actually rather important to know.

But I don't have the Tolkien knowledge to answer this one (I actually didn't know what Lond Daer was! Until I looked in the Encyclopedia of Arda of course ). If Tolkien doesn't say anything about it, I'm sure you will just use whatever suits your chronicle best. Sounds like a cool place, I like sea ports and wish Tolkien had spent more time on them.

In fact, if anyone knows if any of the Histories of Middle-earth pertain to them, I'd love to hear which ones. Thanks!

Yeah while I would love the idea of a lost Neumenorian city right handy, I doubt it would be rebuilt. Infact thousands of years could have covered it over very nicely to be sure

It will be where Carangul has his tower, so that it is built on a place of power, right on the sea no less, but the city is long since gone.

I wonder what would haunt such a place? What could be found there? A steel bow? Maps of ancient wisdom?

A steel bow would be awesome, especially since I can't think of any other way you'd find one. Scrolls of wisdom sounds too... well, I guess I could say D&D-ish, except that I've never played D&D, so...

But actually, scrolls would be neat, as long as you do it right. In other words, you'd want scrolls that are perhaps historical, or maps of places (as you suggested), whereas you definitely don't want Scroll Of Power or something, that would be unTolkien-ish.