Thread: Good job Decipher crew on the LotR rpg!

Thumbs up Good job Decipher crew on the LotR rpg!

I think it is important, for what it is worth, to post my satisfaction with Decipher's LotR rpg line. I have read most of the books in the line so far (up to "The Two Towers" supplement) and I am most pleased. While some of the books have noticeble errors, I am equally pleased with the fact that Decipher has made great efforts to correct these through a continuely updated errata.

For specifics, the Moria boxed set, as others have mentioned, is what I would consider the best supplement in the line thus far. How the designers approached detailing an area as large as Moria and its surrounding underdark was ingenious (and most applicable to just about any "dungeon"). For the first time in a long time I was completly satisfied in an rpg supplement I purchased. And that is saying a lot because I am very critical of the rpg supplements I buy. I always seem to place unreasonably high expectations on rpg supplements.

Once again, I offer a big thanks to all at Decipher responsible for the LotR rpg (that also includes support people such as Doug Burke). And I hope for a long and productive run of this great rpg line. Keep it coming!

Eric Dawson

Smile Thanks!

Glad you like the stuff, and I hope you continue to like what's coming. Kind words are always appreciated!
    Jeff Tidball, Civilian | <a href="mailto:jeff@jefftidball.com">jeff@jefftidbal l.com</a> | <a href="http://www.jefftidball.com">www.jefftidball.com</a>

I'd like to thank you guys too. This game is awesome!

Also, Dawson, thanks for being yet another praiser of the Moria set, as I really think I'm going to buy it. I seem to be a miser in the extreme, and I get "buyer's regret" (or "lost-opportunity regret"!) very easily, so it takes a lot to make up my mind to buy something. Even though the Moria set is only $25 on Amazon! So thanks for helping my brain along a little bit more.

I have to agree.

This game answers all the questions and issues I had with d20. Thank you for letting me play Fantasy rpgs again

Ben hur, while I would hate to make a recommendation and then have you be disappointed with it, I will take the chance and reitirrate what I said about the Moria boxed set. To me, it is one of the most directly applicable and useful products in the line so far. I am speaking from the narrator's point of view, of course. Like many else, I am not a big fan of boxed sets, but in this case I took a chance (mostly from hearing good things about it here). Almost right out of the box it was already improving my game. It is simply amazing, in my mind, how close Decipher came to making the, what I would consider, perfect Moria sourcebook. I feel it is very close to the LotR "spirit." But more importantly, it can be used, in one form or another, as resource to make just about any dungeon in Middle-earth. So if there is really no place in your chronicle for Moria, you can still use the material in this product for any other dungeon you want. I really can't say enough good thincs about this product. If you have any specific questions on it, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Aslan, I think you summed it up nicely. I have always been a fan of D & D in any edition, but I have always thought that it never really captured the "fantasy feel." Decipher's Coda system and its application in the LotR rpg does in any way I can imagine: strong focus on epic story, fast paced action/combat, and game mechanics that allow game as well as story based customized characters.