Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Gorn experts out there?

Question Any Gorn experts out there?

I recently got the Gorn Crisis graphic novel and I think I've reconciled its continuity with Cestus III (in Planets of the UFP). It includes first draft template, and overlays. Anybody out there also have these two resources and want to check for blatantly missing pieces or suggest alterations? It's too long to post, but I can e-mail it to interested people.

lockheart1930@hotmail.com

Byron

AslanC Guest

I would be interested in taking a look at it. I can get the graphic novel so long as it is recent...thanks in advance.

Oh yeah....

aslancollas@internet.look.ca

My bad

[This message has been edited by AslanC (edited 02-27-2001).]

Hi,

I would also be interested in seeing a copy of your gorn project, please email one to:

Tivaak@usa.net

Thanks!

Any references to distances or location of the Gorn 'empire'.

If so could you drop me a line at:

sirsig@nnsw.quik.com.au

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Unfortunately, I don't have any distances. I placed it officially in my campaign just outside Klingon and Federation space near Cestus III, since that's where it is on the galactic map jpg I downloaded. I can't just post the jpg, but I'll try and find out where I got it from. It's very nice, if a bit unwieldy because of its dimensions.

Ah, www.stdimension.com in the cartography section. Cool site with nice info. If I thought a full-size printout would do the map justice I might spring for it.

Byron

[This message has been edited by Lockhart (edited 02-27-2001).]

I would love to see your gorn material

chris

Love the Gorn, though I wasn't really thrilled with the graphic novel. There isn't a lot of canon information on them - you might want to fill in the gaps with some of the game material presented, such as Star Fleet Command (I & II), Prime Directive and Star Fleet Battles. The old ADB & Task Force Games stuff on them went into a bit of detail, as the Gorn were one of the major races in that universe and constantly fighting the Romulans. Not canon, certainly, but might have some good filler stuff.

Love to see a copy of your material. Please send it to demiurgex@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Christen's 'Dimension Keeper's' maps show up once again.

So many sites are using his map now, gotta wonder how many asked for a copy?

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Wink

I have that map as my wallpaper. It's very well done.

Please send me the Gorn information as well. I've done very little with the Gorns, but perhaps new information can change that.

send to: nuppanarpy@aol.com

Thumbs up

Yes I too would like a copy of the Gorn Info. I will look into the Gorn & see what I can dig up.

------------------
    Captain Darkbane
    U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709
    "Set Phasers to Stun? who's idea was that? {resets phaser to disrupt} Romulans are tough... They can take it!

Lockhart:

Read it over, some interesting stuff. I think you are very faithful to the graphic novel's tenents. Personally, I like the SFB/Lug concepts better, though.

The three caste system just strikes me a tad to.... Minbari? ;-) For a full work up on the Gorn there would by necessity require a lot of speculation and filler.

I'll reread the graphic novel over the weekend and see if I have anything to add on that.

Question - would you put the Coordination of the Gorn at the same levels as the default human? I know the cold blooded advantage in general would make them sluggish, but I'm thinking back to Cestus III and the fight with Kirk. It seemed a rather hot planet, and the Gorn was definitely slower and less reactive than Kirk (who on the other hand couldn't really hurt the Gorn without a weapon). I understand this may be a scaling issue (such as the Vulcans, who aren't really as physically imposing as they should be).

Perhaps the species default could be Coordination 2, Reflexes -1, and the Cold Blooded disadvantage instead of dropping the Coordination across the board could alternate negative modifiers to Reflexes and Dexterity? And then you could add +1 to vitality to them, as even Captain Kirk's famed double handed karate chop didn't faze the Gorn! ;-)

BTW, I really like the templates and overlays. Well done!

Hey, is it too late to get a copy of this stuff? I don't have the Graphic Novel, but I am always interested in Gorn stuff.

blanchprez@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Chris

------------------
    Shawks Haters Club! Check for Gills!

Just a small Note here, If you can get a copy of the latest Star Trek Magazine they did a write-up on the Gorn & a few other Races from TOS time period. Might find something useful there.

------------------
    Captain Darkbane
    U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709
    "Set Phasers to Stun? who's idea was that? {resets phaser to disrupt} Romulans are tough... They can take it!

Well, I'm actually running a DS9 campaign that focuses in a star base near Cestus III - I too use STdimensions map. There's a lot of character interaction with the Gorn Alliance, but I had to build the society, politics, etc, from scratch. I'd like to see some of your material, for comparison.

------------------
    No matter where you go, there you are.