Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday, Sarge!

I'm already back, Ergi, so you damn well better be finished by now! Grrr.

Raconteur, permission granted... maggot.

Hey, anybody else catch Father of the Pride on TV last night? R Lee Ermy did the voice of a drill sergeant bunny rabbit. "Get a move on or I'll put my lucky foot up your ass! I don't care if you hate my guts, I've got 23 brothers and sisters who love me." Ye Gawd, that guy kills me.

Anyway, thanks, all, and you can share my birthday cake. It's the one on top of that hill in the minefield behind the razorwire perimeter, pillboxes, and machine gun nests. So, head 'em up, move 'em out! Whatsa matter, you guys wanna live forever?!
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Hey, that's interesting to know. Happy Birthday, Sarge. Knock back a brew (or two, or five) for your birthday...on me!

Keep on truckin' man.

Originally posted by Sarge
    Anyway, thanks, all, and you can share my birthday cake. It's the one on top of that hill in the minefield behind the razorwire perimeter, pillboxes, and machine gun nests. So, head 'em up, move 'em out! Whatsa matter, you guys wanna live forever?!
    Mines, razor wire, pillbox, LMG...all aimed down...parachute time, hope you have some leave comming up, B-days deployed suck.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thumbs up Happy birthday Sarge!

Happy 40th birthday, Sarge. We salute you!
    Live Long and Prosper.

And the rest of you gold brickers start your pushups before he gets here! Give him 40!

PS. an update on you would be great too.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Happy birthday, Sarge!

I did my 40, and I have the distinct feeling that I am going to regret this tomorrow.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Happy B-day, Sarge!

Sarge is 40, where does the time go?
    Enjoy your birthday.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Da! Happy Birthday, Sarge!
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Woah.. crossing one of life's great numerical thresholds Always an intimidating thing! Happy birthday, and may you have many more to come!
    Ta Muchly

Sorry it's a little late, but hope it was a good one, Sarge! The big 4-0....now THAT is old!

Keep on kickin' man.

I have to wonder, is 40 the "hill", or is 50 seen as the "new hill"? Does this jive with current statistics?

Well, either way congradulations. SO the real big question is what is your ETS date? And are you going for that 75% of payrate pension?

Thanks... maggots. :)

40 pushups, Ergi? You'll have to do better than that. I did 63 in one minute Friday morning. :P Followed by 60 situps in one minute and a mile and a half run in 9:58. I was the oldest guy there taking the physical fitness test and nobody came close to my scores.

JALU3, I'll be happy with 50% less than 4 years from now.

Oh, and lucky me, I get to go back to the desert in less than 2 weeks and stay another 4 months. I don't have any objections to doing my duty, but it's about time someone else did his duty, too.

Once again, no Christmas, no Thanksgiving, no New Year's, no Valentines, not even Veteran's Day. That just sucks.

But, hey, I did have my birthday here. I got to go see a local university production of the musical Beauty and the Beast. One of my friends played one of the townsfolk and an oven mitt. That's right, Ol' Sarge enjoys a good musical, and I'm plenty secure with my own heterosexuality to admit it. Anybody got a problem with that?! Didn't think so.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    I did 63 in one minute Friday morning. :P Followed by 60 situps in one minute and a mile and a half run in 9:58. I was the oldest guy there taking the physical fitness test and nobody came close to my scores.
    Good to here your doing well, but 9:58 is that the best you got?

Oh, and lucky me, I get to go back to the desert in less than 2 weeks and stay another 4 months. I don't have any objections to doing my duty, but it's about time someone else did his duty, too.

Once again, no Christmas, no Thanksgiving, no New Year's, no Valentines, not even Veteran's Day. That just sucks.
    At least you have seen the States in the last year. I've lost count of how many times my Army friends and family have wished they weren't still in the Big Sand Box, for an undisclosed amount of time...

Good luck, Sarge. Keep your Six clear.

But, hey, I did have my birthday here. I got to go see a local university production of the musical Beauty and the Beast. One of my friends played one of the townsfolk and an oven mitt. That's right, Ol' Sarge enjoys a good musical, and I'm plenty secure with my own heterosexuality to admit it. Anybody got a problem with that?! Didn't think so.
    Musicals OK, Ballet that's where I draw the line - there are just some things I don't want to see
    Phoenix...

Happy Birthday, Sarge. (Early for once. birthdate is 10/27/2006)
    Live Long and Prosper.

Drop and give us 41.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Happy Birthday, and may you have many more!
    Ta Muchly