Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ships help

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Remove RPT-5 plasma weapon. Saves 12 space.

Replace with fifth RSTX-A (x5/F). Removes 5 space. New penetration standard 7/7/7/7/7 singularity 8/8/8/8/8.

Remove Type III Hull Plating. Saves 9 space.

Replace with Ablative Armor. Removes 5 space.

Net 11 space, enough to buy back 10 structure (now 45).

There you go.

On the other thing, check the "Consolidated Ship List" sticky thread at the top of the Utopia Planitia forum. It has links to 23rd and 24th Century ships that have been posted in the various threads of this forum. There's a wealth of ships to choose from.
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 11-18-2003 at 11:59 AM.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Thanks again for the edit info Sea Tyger. Thanks for the thread and the help. I appreciate it.

Do you have any edit ideas for the Dragon... (Stupid french keyboard, no question mark!)

Originally posted by Lonoto
    Do you have any edit ideas for the Dragon... (Stupid french keyboard, no question mark!)
    Nope. I thought the Dragon included everything you asked for.

And you're welcome.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

It does have everything I wanted, I meant for your own personal preferences.

The only change I had was using Hardened Systed (Propulsion) instead of Redundant Power Grid.

Now, I will admit that I have never even looked at the Expanded Operations Sourcebook thread (never had an interest), but "Redundant Power Grid," to me, is just an in-game name for "Hardened System (Propulsion)"...in the abstract sense of the Coda starship combat system.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Redundant Power Grid isn't what you are thinking. It gives you a 'free' block of damage for the use of powering up a system with some extra power. You don't need to put a block of damage on something else, it gives you one 'free' block of extra power.

Originally posted by Lonoto
    Redundant Power Grid isn't what you are thinking. It gives you a 'free' block of damage for the use of powering up a system with some extra power. You don't need to put a block of damage on something else, it gives you one 'free' block of extra power.
    That's perfectly fine (and I remember creating a trait similar to that a while back)...I was just referring to the term itself, not the trait.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Yeah, I can see where your coming from with that. So, do you think you'll be able to use one of the ships in a game session, see how it's done (Cameo appearance anyone?)

I dunno, maybe have it be fighting some enemies and call for back-up from the player's ship. Just a thought, I'd like to know how it acts in game.

Unfortunately, I'm not running a Trek game at the moment (may be in March). And, to be honest, the designs I made for you are ships that I really wouldn't use....I'm not a big fan of "ueber" ships, and generally don't include them in my campaigns.

The Dragon is purely a warship, and I'm of the opinion that Starfleet doesn't produce pure warships unless it absolutely has to (i.e. Defiant, the Perimeter Defense Directive, etc.).

The Razor feels too...well, brutish, for lack of a better term. To me, the Romulans are the epitome of "deceptions upon deceptions." They're supposed to be subtle, and I think their ships should reflect that, as well. (Yes, I'm well aware that the D'Deridex and many of the Romulan characters depicted in TNG and DS9 don't reflect that, but I respectfully disagree with their portrayals.)

These, of course, are just my opinions and perceptions of the Star Trek universe and how I like to run my games within it.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

The Dragon was created for war, true, and so was the Razor, but they were designs created in my campaign during the Dominion War, put into manufacturing because they both the SF and Tal' Shiar are expecting more Dominion ships because of recent Intel. Starfleet has nothing to do with the creation of the Dragon, and the Romulan Star Navy doesn't have anything to with the Razor.

Also, the Dragon can function properly during peacetimes, and the Razor has state of the art cloaking and ops so that it can be used for intel gathering and stealth operation. Also, I may have a phase cloak installed in my campaign (plot device).

So, I am really sticking with your views (Because they are mine personally too) of the Star Navy and Starfleet. It is the 'Intel' groups that created these ships, and they were built for use of there primary and secondary purposes.

That makes more sense, then. I can already envision a few episodes centered around reports of a Starfleet ship causing trouble in some sector or another, and the PCs are ordered to go investigate... Next thing they know, they're smack dab in the middle of some Section 31 mission...and not exactly sure they're on the right side....

Gives you the opportunity for some good moral issues at the expense of Section 31.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

You know, I have heard of Section 31, but know nothing about it. I created my own SF, but I'd like to know more about 31. Think you could explain some, possibly point me in the right directions. I may have more ships here soon too, more plot ideas are springing up involving alien races... *snickers*