Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMULAN SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Update

First of all I must acknowledge that the Spacedock rules are the most detailed, deeply developed and greatest Books for space combat are that I´ve ever seen.

Go on!!!

Thanx! Glad to hear you're enjoying 'em.

Unfortunately, the Romulan SRM is likely to be the last Spacedock-based book that I do. The time pressure of running and writing for Hero Games prevents me from taking on any of the other big SD projects -- a revised SD itself, an SRM for space stations and starbases, other species-based SRMs -- that are on my to-do list. But at least l got the major species covered.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Perhaps the community here could help in some way for a revised Spacedock?

Charles
    "Everything happens for a reason..."

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Smile

Hello to you all,

if Hoss does (could) need any help/ suggestions/ ideas/ comments how about an extra/ sub-forum whre he (and also others) stated his ideas (as also any other) ???

So we all havn´t search the whole forum for it.

If such an forum does already exist I beg your pardon as I´m already new to this forum (and have to take a level 5 diagnostics on them .

-Questor

Hi Steve,

Can you tell us what the status of the Romulan SRM is?
    Do we have to hold our breath much longer?

Thijs Krijger
    ---------------------

Glad to know the Rom SRM is going to see the light of day!

I may not post here often but my ST:Section 31 RPG Campaign is still running (intermittently) and I invariably end up using Steve's books every session.

Too bad we'll never get to see Deep Space 9 rendered in SpaceDock.

Thanks for everything Steve!
    Just remember, even though it’s a vacuum,
    In space no one can hear you Clean.
    -J.T.

For the complete Star Trek equipment list see
    http://www.geocities.com/willbswift/startrek.html

I haven't heard anything from Chris Huth lately, so I assume he's still working on the layout. I'll let you know when I hear from him.
    Steve Long

Steve,

Have you done any work on any other SRM's? For example taken a shot at Station rules? I was just wondering if you could release any material you've worked on over the past few years. I realise that with the amount of time and effort you've put into your work you may have wanted this to be completely your own creation. It's just that there seem to be many people here who live by these rules when playing Star Trek RPG's, and I'm sure they'd like to see this material released.

If I'm stepping beyond my bounds here, I apologise, it's just that if we set up a system when members of this forum go through things to produce SRM-type books, we could carry on this system which doesn't deserve to end here and now.

Tim (Bobby George)
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

NP, BG. I'm flattered by the request. Unfortunately, I haven't really done anything at all with the SRM: Space Stations And Starbases book I had in mind. I made some notes or something at one point, but it's nothing worth releasing.

Unfortunately, it's likely to be a long time (if ever) before I have the time and interest to write that book.
    Steve Long

The Romulan SRM will be a nice crowning piece for the series. Like everyone else I'd like to say thanks to you for releasing this series to us.
    It truly is an amazing system that captures the feel for Star Trek. Just as an example, some Klingon ships have the 3 or 4 extra gunner positions on their bridges. With Spacedock and the way you divide things into seperate arrays and such, you can actually do the little things such as have a main tactical officer and auxiliary gunners who can all participate, as opposed to a generic single phasers/disruptors entry. Just a little detail that can add to the experience and enjoyment.
    I think everytime I re-read a section of Spacedock I find theres so much info crammed in there I always pick up something else !

Oh, there's no doubt this is a terrific series and an excellent RPG System. And the current information released is of an excellent standard. I'm just wondering if the fans of this work could take it further. Possibly with a view to creating our own SRM's (Although we maybe should call them USRM's as they're unofficial). That way we could get people who like specific races to do the research on them and produce their own rules and regulations. So Sheliak Bob could do the Sheliak (brilliant piece of reasoning there), anyone interested in the Pakled could write up their ships (or how they butcher other ships). This way we can move forward with this and extend the work to a greater level.

Sorry to be pushing this, it's just that this series has great potential, and I think having the 4 main races and a TOS-era book is merely scratching the surface.

Bobby
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

Oh most definitely !
    Sorry, don't get the idea I was trying to slam your idea, just offering kudo's and happy the "big 4" will at least get covered.

Heck, I wish LUG never came to an end, especially right at the time for Blood & honor (drat drat drat). I still prefer it to Decipher at this point, likely in large part because of the detail of Spacedock I do believe !
    The fan based stuff that's been distrubuted so far has been great, high quality. I think a Ferengi SRM along with a sourcebook perhaps, and other species, would be excellent ! Wish I had the knowledge to even attempt that ! I suppose after many months of research .... hmmmmmm

If we get a group of us willing to do some work and get this sort of stuff done, then perhaps we could do some decent work worthy of sitting along-side the 5 so far.

I think a Ferengi sourcebook would be an excellent idea. Go through all of the rules of aquisition (If there actually are 285 rules), and especially of the changed to the Ferengi Alliance over the last few years with Zek and Quark's Mum (Ishka is it?) in charge.

It would be a lot of work, but with enough of us looking and with some contacts others may have we could come up with some good work
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

True enough.
    There are some overlays, background, ships etc floating around in threads here, and at one time it looks like some work was being done on a Ferengi sourcebook.
    I don't know if you could get enough for a full SRM, but could certainly have Spacedock stats in such a sourcebook.