Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMULAN SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Update

I too await the debut of the RSM AS WELL- It will make my collection of reference nearly complete. Now if we could ONLY get the Bajoran books to see the day light of day.
    I was born in a camp on Bajor- I joined the Resistance at 12 to fight for my people and my freedom. I joined Starfleet to help KEEP that freedom. As the Prophets will it I shall not fail you, Captain.

Lt.Commander Varin Rel-Former Starfleet Special Operatons officer-now assigned to the USS LUMUMBA-NCC-78245 as CTO.

Originally posted by Omega1967
    I think that there needs to be a few more ships to create a book all it's self. The Ferengi, Orion with maybe a Bajoran, Trill thrown in would be good.

We could start it up with each taking a group of ships to hash out. For starters somewhere in my files I already have a Bajoran Freighter, a fighter and a Transport vessel that never has seen the light of day. There maybe an Orion ship somewhere too, well it may not be finished just yet, but it's been stated.

Just an idea.
    It's an idea, fairly good one too.
    How about a two part SRM Star Trek Ship Recognition Manual: The Forgotten Species, Part 1 Foreign Governments (Ferengi, Orion, Gorn, Tholian?, Breen, etc...) Part 2 Member Worlds (Andorian, Bajorian, Tellerite, Trill, Vulcan etc...).
    Also in the theme that Steve has with the SRM's, we could include various minor races of non-canon origin towards the end to represent threats to the other species, and slightly expand the Trek universe for exploration.

As Omega1967 said, Just an idea.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I like that kind of breakdown Phoenix. Would be a good way to bring together some of the ships that people have used in games. I'm sure we could all benefit in seeing what other people use in their stories.

Does anyone want to start doing some work on this? We've got some good ideas here and I think it would be nice to see something go down on paper (Figuratively speaking of course, but going down on pdf doesn't sound as good).

What do people think? Shall we actually do this? I've got some free time at the moment so I can do whatever needs to be done.
    Tim "Bobby George" Hills

A bunch of ships Spacedock stats and writeups already exist on these boards. This project would not be overly difficult. It is just about done as it is. . .all we need do is collect the various ships data into one source.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Why don't we start a new thread on this, and save the Romulan SRM for Steve to announce it's compleation (so as to quit getting mine and others hopes up as well)

Update: Here's the new thread for the mixed species SRM.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 07-04-2004 at 09:07 PM.
    Phoenix...

but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

Just wondering if there has been any update regarding this SRM?

Steve? Owen?

I recently learned that the DM for one of my PBEMs passed away at the beginning of the year, hence the reason why the game died but since no one in either of his games knew him in person, no one had any means of discovering what had happened to him.

It was only by pure fluke that I met a friend of his that had known what had happened to him but nobody considered going through his computer and letting those in his mailing list know what occurred.

I had a player in one of my other games lose a leg and some of his fingers saving a child from a combine a couple months ago and he had a buddy get online to let us know what happened so that his disappearance did not alarm us.

Both incidents made me start considering that no matter how close a community can become via the net, if that access is cut for whatever reason, then one can end up hanging in limbo never quite certain what happened.

Going through this thread, it would seem that the layout developer Chris may have gone into limbo so does anyone know Chris, I believe his name was, and whether or not he is alright?

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

In the Saving Spacedock thread, Steve Long through open the door for someone else to do the Romulan SRM. And from what I understand, Don Mappin is doing the layouts.

I am not sure about Chris/C.Huth. Long's statement was not clear about when Chris had let Long know about how far he was along.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Thanks spshu. The thread doesn't mention Don specifically but it is good to know that Mr. Long was going through applications to finish off the project. Here's hoping it is soon.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Bump query -- any new info on this project?
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Is Steve still around? His last post was 08-17-2004, or has Hero System eaten his free time compleatly.
    Phoenix...

I'm still around, more or less. I just don't check in much, but some other posters are kind enough to draw my attention to threads that need my input.

I seem to have completely lost touch with Chris Huth, who was doing the layout revisions for the SRM: Romulans. So at this point the project is pretty much on hold until I figure out what to do or find someone else to do the work.
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    In the Saving Spacedock thread, Steve Long through open the door for someone else to do the Romulan SRM. And from what I understand, Don Mappin is doing the layouts.

I am not sure about Chris/C.Huth. Long's statement was not clear about when Chris had let Long know about how far he was along.
    Steve Long, then what happen with the applications you took to finish the Romulan Spacedock book in the Saveing Spacedock? thread. My understanding is that you choose Don Mappin to finish it based on a post in the Web Development forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Mappin
    The Rommie Spacedock manual that I'm finishing for Steve will also slip in an ad.

- Don
    Just forgot or has Don passed it back?
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Um. Hi. *embarrassed wave.*

Sorry for falling off the world, there...

The unfortunate news is that i have lost track of the original SRM master layout file (it was in InDesign, btw). A draft pdfs with a pretty-much complete layout were sent out, and i recieved a revision text from Steve sometime in '03 (i think?) but, well... life. I was reminded about the revised text a little while ago, and felt some pangs of guilt. I had hoped someone was able to step up and finish it in my absence, but it doesn't really look like that happened... unless it's just happening quietly.

In any case, i'd just like to apologize for dropping the ball.

Yep.

Um.

Sucks about that Decipher thing, dunnit?
    Last edited by The Tatterdemalion King; 07-17-2005 at 03:51 PM. Reason: "ducks about?" wtf?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Good to see you Chris

As you can see above, not much have happened since your last contact with Steve Long. Any chance that you will have time to pick up the ball, or give some help to get everything rolling if someone else picks it up?

Also, what tools would the person who picks up the ball need? I guess InDesign, but anything else?

/Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren
    Good to see you Chris

As you can see above, not much have happened since your last contact with Steve Long. Any chance that you will have time to pick up the ball, or give some help to get everything rolling if someone else picks it up?

Also, what tools would the person who picks up the ball need? I guess InDesign, but anything else?

/Magnus
    Well, there seems to be an insinuation that Don's finishing it up... i might be able to give it another shot, if Steve or Don request so.

As for tools, i'm not even sure at this point. I'll have to check if i can convert from pdf back to indesign, but i don't even have the pdf any more...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry