Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ROMULAN SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Update

ROMULAN SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL Update

Hello, Spacedock fans! I promised you an update on the Romulan SRM when I had something to tell you, so here it is.

I cut some time out of my schedule today and made the necessary changes to the manuscript based on the testreaders' comments and suggestions. It's now ready to go to final layout. I'm currently attempting to get in touch with Chris Huth, who did the original layout for the testread manuscript about two years ago, in the hopes he can finish it up. I've e-mailed him at all the addresses I have for him; if anyone knows how to contact him (or if you're reading this, Chris!), please ask him to get in touch with me at SteveL1979@aol.com.

Assuming Chris can handle the job, we should have the Romulan SRM for you shortly. If not, it will take longer, since it will need to go through full layout.

After some consideration, I decided not to include the starships from ST: Nemesis in the Romulan SRM. That would require a lot more work and time on my part, and I'm tired of having to delay the book any further. Assuming anyone out there's still using the Spacedock rules , I'm sure someone will decide to take a crack at the new ships on their own... or perhaps at some future point I'll find the motivation myself.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled other stuff....
    Steve Long
    HERO System Line Developer

Aw, no fair! Now I don't get to run roughshod over my Crew in the Reman-led Scimitar fleet that I was planning to dump on them as soon as the Romulan book came out. I never get to have any fun...

In seriousness, thank you greatly for the update, and for letting those of us who hold fast to the Icon/Spacedock rules as the system of preference know that our voices and opinions are still valued. Wishing you the best in the last leg of this particular journey, and hoping to see the results soon.

P.S. Pakleds. The Trek-universe ninjas. The sooner their sourcebook comes out, the better.

Coolness, Thanks Steve

WEll so far, I count three loyal Space Dock players

I'm really glad to hear the book is nearing.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Looking really forward to it!

Thijs Krijger
    ---------------------

Hmmm, Pakled ninja. Definitely falls in line with Phil Foglio's "Ninja Hypothesis."

So far no word from Chris Huth, but no bounced e-mail either. I'll let ya know as soon as I hear anything.
    Steve Long

Sound great, can't wait.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

I have not touched my Star Trek RPG stuff in a long, long time...

But as soon as I have converted my GF to a Trek fan...

Ah, why wait. I'll log out and dust of the SD rules right away, so I am prepared whenever you are ready to release it.

Yes! Can't hardly wait.

Just wondering - When the Romulan SRM debuts, will it be through the refurbished Trek-RPG.net, Owen's Memory Icon, or both?

Beats me. I was just planning to send it to Owen, since he's now in charge of things, and let him put it with the other SRMs.

BTW, I just heard back from "Cavortin'" Chris Huth. He should be able to finalize the layout shortly, so we're makin' progress.
    Steve Long

SWEET!! Good to hear steve. Also good to see that you were able to make some time from your heavy work load over at Hero

The Romulans....yeees !!!

Now I can crush those weakly Federation "Pacifists".

And to repeat what is qoute: waiting too...(desperatly).

I sent the corrected manuscript to Chris Huth just the other day, so hopefully he'll be able to make the changes and finish the layout in short order.

More updates as the situation warrants....
    Steve Long