Thread: [CODA] Siege Perilous Class Dreadnaught

[CODA] Siege Perilous Class Dreadnaught

Well I finally broke down and created an Über ship. I will probably tone down this bad boy but I thought I might as well get some feedback. I tried to keep the ship as true as possible to the class on Andromeda, but I had to take a little "Artistic License" with it. Im must credit the Expanded Starship Operations manual for some of the good stuff included. Feel free to bend fold and mutilate.

Siege Perilous Class Dreadnaught

PRODUCTION DATA

Origin: T’Kon Extra-Galactic Station 4122
    Class and Type: Siege Perilous Class Dreadnaught
    Year Commissioned: 2380

HULL DATA

Structure: 100
    Size/Decks: 8/15
    Length/Height/Beam: 667m/211m /471m
    Complement: 212

OPERATIONAL DATA

Atmosphere Capable: No
    Cargo Units: 80
    Cloaking Device: None
    Life Support: Class 4 (E)
    Operations Systems: Class 5 (F)
    Sensor Systems: Class 5a (F)
    Separation System: None
    Shuttlebay: 1v
    Shuttlecraft: 8 size worth
    Tractor Beams: 1fd, 1fv, 1ad, 1av
    Transporters: 4 standard, 4 cargo, 4 emergency

PROPULSION DATA

Impulse System: FIG-7 (.95c) (E)
    Warp System: Quantum Slipstream (9.99999) (C)

TACTICAL DATA

Beam Weapons: Focused Particle Beam (x4/E)
    Penetration: 8/7/7/0/0
    Torpedo Launchers: Photonic Missiles, Macro (x6/F)
    Torpedo Penetration: 13/13/13/13/13
    Deflector Shield: FSS-3 (F)
    Protection/Threshold: 18/6

MISCELLANEOUS DATA

Maneuver Modifiers: +4C, -3H, +4T
    Traits: Monotanium Plating, Sentient Computer, Multi-Vector Targeting System, Upgraded

Mission:

“Ships like this were built for one thing and one thing only...”
    “In other words, it’s a starship killer.”
    -Anonymous starship captain

Features:

The Siege Perilous is the most lethal starship-killer ever built. Designed to operate with a minimum of crew and without fleet support behind enemy lines for extended periods of time, the new dreadnaught forgoes such standard shipboard features as a marine contingent, and research capabilities in favor of missiles, and high powered beam weapons. Additionally, the new dreadnaught’s distinctive, knife-like profile gives her a tiny sensor cross-section, making her nearly impossible for foes to detect. And any enemy who does manage to engage her will find that regenerative shielding and quadranium armor make the Siege Perilous exceptionally resilient and damage-resistant. It is capable of ship to ship combat, planetary bombardment, and command and control operations.
    A prominent feature of this vessel class is the AI Command and Control Entity. This artificial intelligence has the same cognitive abilities and range of emotion as an organic life form. The AI performs duties as an operations officer, captain’s advisor, and when needed, ship’s flight control and tactical officer. The AI’s personality for this ship class can vary form hawkish, to calm and philosophical. The AI can be considered a sentient being. It is more advanced than any holodecks simulation or EMH. The only known artificial life forms that are equal to this AI are the Soong type androids.
    This Quantum Slipstream Drive enables the Siege Perilous class to react quickly and project power at a moment’s notice. Once the ship arrives at the FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area), it is able to move quickly due to its FIG-7 class impulse engines.

Background:

This ship began life as a design by former Starfleet Captain Henry Thorrsen. Thorrsen, who is not a starship designer, used to design starships while daydreaming on his off-time. After being dismissed on trumped up charges by a former Academy classmate, Henry took a job as the first officer on a small freighter.
    About three months into his tour, the ship encountered a subspace vacuole and was transported outside of the Milky Way Galaxy, to a point 500,000 ly from home. The captain was killed in the accident and as his first official duty he went to engineering to relieve the ship’s engineer and attempt to repair the warp drive. While in engineering, an unknown raider beamed the surviving members of the ship away and departed. Henry was apparently undetected due to several small radiation leaks. These same leaks that kept him from being captured were also poisoning him. His last act before losing consciousness was to set the ship on autopilot to follow the raider ship’s ion trail.
    Waking up from what he thought was like a short nap, Henry discovered that he was in some type of medical center staffed with many human looking life forms. “Do not be alarmed, I saved you from certain death from the radiation.” “I have built you a new ship, the one you have been thinking of. I did take some liberties with design aesthetics and technological considerations.” “It only took two of your months to complete.” The T’kon AI explained.

The rest of the story is too long to tell, but in sort Henry Thorrsen’s ship was encountered by a T’kon extra-galactic research station. The AI realized that he would have no chance with his current ship, so it built him a new one, form designs read from his neural patterns and some T’kon technology.

Author's Notes: This ship, from the Andromeda TV series, is a real nasty “Starship Killer”. It is thus impossible to recreate this ship with even one-half the official weaponry. It is then necessary to take some liberties with the design rules. The following modifications and assumptions have been made in order to fit this vessel into the Star Trek universe. Space was calculated for this endeavor (8ˆ2) + (8*5) + (15*10). Ten is the Über Tech constant. Points not used (around 20 or so were discarded), no point discounts were taken.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Was it your intention for your decks to average 14m in height? Or were those confirmed stats from the series?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I just didn't really see a need for more decks than that since it only has a crew of 212. The extra space can be considered additional armor.