Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Two Towers Extended version

Slightly OT (for which I apologise) but I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread for this.

Is it true that Christopher Lee's scenes have all been cut from the RoTK and he was only told about in an email from PJ?

As for TTT EE - bought my copy before work. Gonna watch when I get home at ten pm. As it's only 6pm now this day is just dragging and dragging and dragging and dragg....
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

I don't know about the email thing, but the rumor going around is that Lee's scenes were indeed cut from the theatrical release, but that they will be in the ROTK:EE DVD later next year.

IIRC, PJ's reasoning was that he didn't want to spend 20 minutes wrapping up TTT; he wanted to move straight into ROTK storylines.

Personally, I think Saruman is effectively out of the picture as of the end of the TTT:EE movie, so I'm not bothered by him not being in the theatrical release, esp. knowing his fate will be covered in the EE.

I haven't received my copy yet, but I'm reliably informed that the Andy Serkis / Gollum MTV Awards speech is an Easter Egg in the Scene Selections menu.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

It is and the speech is a scream
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Really? How do you access it?
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Access the scene pretty much the same way you got to the Easter Eggs on the previous film:

1) Chose Chapter Selection on Disc 1

2) Go the the last entries

3) Highlight the last scene on the disc

4) Move your mouse around to the left of the hand and a small gold ring will appear

5) Click on ring. See Andy, Gollum, & Smeagol accept award

Pretty funny, but not nearly as good as the Council of Elrond parody

Oh... so itīs only accessible via a DVD-Rom computer.

Too bad for me, it seems. Better get one of those!
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by Captain Novaes
    Oh... so itīs only accessible via a DVD-Rom computer.
    No, you can still access it. When the ring appears, hit the enter key on the remote.

Worked fine for me... and the scene is a hoot!

H.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Cool

Oh, yeah. I can hear all the Tolkien Purists (if they ever bought the DVD) rise up and cheer when Gollum screamed, "And you, Peter Jackson, my precious, you're a [bleeping] hack!"

BTW, the easter egg is on Disc 1, go to "Select a Scene" for the chapters, select "29-30", and hit the down arrow button until you see the One Ring appear. Hit Play/Enter for the Gollum's acceptance speech.

WARNING: Not suitable for children, even though expletives have been bleeped out.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The Easter Egg in FotR was even worse... but histrionically funny!

Originally posted by Captain Novaes
    The Easter Egg in FotR was even worse... but histrionically funny!

And it was?

Arrow

At least FOTR have two Easter Eggs.

TTT appears to have only one. I was hoping they included a ROTK trailer.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

If that Jack Black atrocity is the best idea they can come up with for an Easter Egg, then I can do without.

They had a trailer for ROTK on the original DVD release.