Thread: The Machines Will Rise......

The Machines Will Rise......

http://www.eterminator.com/

lotsa neat terminator stuff on this site
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I really liked the machines and weapons entries- I guess that a lot of the skecthes were production prototypes for the movies. Lots of great designs there.

Very nice!

I have always wanted to run a Termiantor game, but I don't think those d20 rules are the ones I would use.

I think Cyberpunk would be my choice, but only using the Friday Night Fire Fight from the 2013 rules

Thanks for the link Bouncy

Arrow

May have to make monster classes out these models similar to droids in Star Wars, probably with an ECL of at least +10.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Talking

the site has been updated with bunches of new stuff
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Originally posted by AslanC
    Very nice!

I have always wanted to run a Termiantor game, but I don't think those d20 rules are the ones I would use.

I think Cyberpunk would be my choice, but only using the Friday Night Fire Fight from the 2013 rules
    I agree D20 wouldn't suit. But what, may I ask, is wrong with the Cyberpunk 2020 ruleset?

I've been using it for 11 years and it's pretty durable and fast. With 2020 you can also make your own customised Terminators. Just take an Omega Class Linear Frame, shove in an AI and some hydrolic rams. Plug in lots of Cyber. Wrap it in Realskin with subdermal armour and voila.
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Arrow

Originally posted by AslanC

* winces in pain *

I beg to differ. But out of curiosity, what, if any, is the PRECISE reason that this may not be suitable for d20.

P.S. I swear you're doing that to spite d20 gamers.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Cool

Actually, Leading Edge produced a quite playable miniatures game of Terminator with lots of detail. Since their game system was based on their RPG (or the other way around) it's completely compatible with their Aliens RPG or Lawnmower Man RPG (which gave you all the modern era rules you might need).

The Leading Edge RPG system was not the best ever designed, but it had its good points. I'm quite happy to include in my collection the Aliens boardgame, Aliens RPG, Lawnmower Man RPG, and Terminator Mini rules.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott