Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRC Game. ST: Within the Ashes of Shadows

Aslan, you need access to IRC which I know you have. Otherwise, submit a character to me for a review and discussion and once all characters are approved we will proceed in setting up from there.

Scott, the only problem I see is that it may slow things down a little but I would not have a problem with that. Would anyone else who is interested?

Regards,
    CKV.

AslanC Guest

Okay well two things;

1] I wouldn't mind if the game slowed down a bit to add another player...could be fun actually.

2] Not sure which idea to pitch...the Bringloidi Engineer...the Garabaldiesque Tactical chief...hmmmmm decisions...decisions...no...I will go with the Bringloidi...more character to play with and develop.

Okay e-mail on it's way...rough outline at first.

I am all excited now

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Star Trek:Strange New Worlds;
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scott M. Macek:
    Okay guys, I've got a question for you. How are we doing this and would it be possible for two people to play separate characters, but use the same IRC link? (My fiancee might be interested in joining, actually, but I don't know what is and isn't do-able.)</font>
    As long as the fastest typist was at the keyboard, I don’t think it would be a problem.

In fact, with mIRC you could actually have two concurrent logins – one for Player A (you) and one for Player B (your wife). When you need to switch between characters a simple ALT-TAB gets you in the second program to act as that character.

When running an online game this is something I frequently do – it isn’t uncommon to have five connections going, one for each NPC. That way you can have the NPCs describe their actions (and talk) without having the Narrator do it from the third person. (But it can get confusing!)

Certainly feasible!

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 05-14-2001).]

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AslanC:
    Not sure which idea to pitch...the Bringloidi Engineer...the Garabaldiesque Tactical chief...</font>
    Okay, this is one of those things that’s so funny, even though it’s embarrassing, that I must share it!

I did a Yahoo! search on the “Bringloidi,” wanting to jog my own memory (hey, no Encyclopedia or Doug around) and got some hits. Glancing, one looked really promising (the third) and I clicked on it to check it out.

I about bust a gut rolling on the floor with laughter as the link brought me back to TrekRPGNet and Dave Biggin’s adventure, “All In the Family!”

Oh man – I feel sooooooo stupid!

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

AslanC Guest

Well Don with that little tale I feel compelled to empart to you the first ever "The Cosmic Slip of Ultimate Humour" medal ever awarded.

Congrats man, you've earned it

Oh and we must make sure to keep Don's character away from the Warp Core

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

NOW THAT is an absolute Gem Don.

Thanks. I find it most amusing.

Regards,
    CKV.

AslanC Guest

Character sent...waiting for the response

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

All characters now in ... will be commented on tomorrow (my time) as I have set aside Thursday to deal with all gaming posts and preparations.

It has been a rather rabid week.

Regards,
    CKV.

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn:
    All characters now in ... will be commented on tomorrow (my time) as I have set aside Thursday to deal with all gaming posts and preparations.</font>
    You meant this Thursday, right?

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

Yes.

I have gone over Aslan's concept and tweaked a few things. I've almost finished putting together the sector brief to be posted here and I started going over Peri's revisions.

So things are moving, if slowly, and with luck Scott and his fiance will send out their characters shortly.

Regards,
    CKV.

Question

Hello? Is anyone out there?

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

This posting might be a little late but I am still interested in joining. My problem is that I don't have access to IRC, any help there is greatly appreciated. I will e-mail you my chatacter any way.

Well was that Voyager finale not interesting?

Yes, I am out here. Fairly busy week. I have received some characters and will be reviewing them tomorrow and for the time being, I am closing any further openings for the game until I see whether or not those interested are in or not.

I have the sector information pretty much ready to go and it will be up tomorrow as well.

Don, expect mail dealing with that preamble you mentioned.

For those playing, keep your eye posted here for further background information though I will be discussing a possible arrangement with Don for easier access to this information.

Regards,
    CKV.

You should be able to download a shareware IRC program from a few different places agdiv.

If someone does not beat me to it, I'll see if I can find a site or two and post it.

Regards,
    CKV.

Lightbulb

Provided you're not on a Mac, the defacto standard for IRC clients is mIRC. (Complex name, I know.)

You can get it at http://www.mirc.com

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net