Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: IRC Game. ST: Within the Ashes of Shadows

Thanks Don, you beat me to it. As for other campaign news...

Just taking a small break while working on things but some of you should have received email tonight regarding your characters.

Among them are Don, Agdiv and Tim. I am still waiting on Scott, his fiancee, and Aslan for their character proposals and stats. All but Aslan have been contacted with a reminder email as Aslan did say he would get his out this weekend and the weekend is not yet done.

So for those that have emails regarding your characters, we'll work on prepping them and that should pass the time while we wait.

Other updates are still in the works and should be up shortly.

Regards,
    CKV.

AslanC Guest

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn:
    All but Aslan have been contacted with a reminder email as Aslan did say he would get his out this weekend and the weekend is not yet done. </font>
    Uh well, I will have to extend that until Monday night then as I am at work, won'[t be home before 1am and will be going to bed more than likely...sorry...Rl gets in the way from time to time

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    RPG_Trek; http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rpg-trek
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Not a problem Aslan, I suspected as much when I was posting that earlier message. I know full well what a pain RL can be... but then in its moments it can be fun as well.

Regards,
    CKV.

Ok now that i've got access to irc i have no clue how to navigate it though. Do you have a channel set-up, and is so what is the channel name?

Hey, what's the story?

No new updates, and a few weeks since my character was accepted. Are we going to be playing tonight? Are we going to be playing at all? I don't know about anybody else but I am more than happy to play some "pre-start" stuff so I can get a feel for this IRC stuff...I DL'd the Mirc program as shareware but I'm not going to buy it unless I am actually going to get some use out of it. Anyway, just concerned on the status.

Peace

Question

Tonight? I thought the planned nights were Tuesdays? (Not that it really matters to me.)

I know Bruce is really busy, but last I heard things were still moving forward.

Regarding mIRC, you don’t have to register it unless you feel really compelled to do so – it will work indefinitely without your having to register it. (I’m not advocating one way or the other, merely pointing this fact out. mIRC does not disable itself if you ignore the registration requests.)

------------------

::smacks forehead:: Yes, sorry, I meant tomorrow night -- thanks for clarifying that though.

Thanks for the progress report as well. Hey, I understand that setting up a game can (and *should* be) a mammoth effort at the beginning, so I hope I'm not coming across as pushy. I am just excited about playing so take it as a compliment. =)

Peace.

AslanC Guest

Okay so this is moving forward then?

Cool...I was begining to wonder is all.

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.

Yes, this is moving forward.

My best friend's convocation for her Masters degree occurred this past week so I have been wrapped up in various things dealing with that and what little time I've had left has been split either between my girlfriend or reading and making notes on the game.

Please be patient with me and Don thanks for providing the earlier heads up on the status.

Regards,
    Bruce.

"This game has been two years in the making so it will go forward ... for it must!"

Well, it's been two weeks since I last asked about the status of the game, haven't gotten any Setting Details email or anything else since the original mail saying my character was good to go more or less.

I'm sorry if I seem pushy, but I am becoming more concerned, I invested time and interest in this project, and though I understand real life intrudes, at least with weekly updates on progress I would know it isn't postponed indefinitely or something.

Peace

AslanC Guest

Okay I have to ask again if this game is actually happening or is it dead in the water?

Just curious is all.

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

Well I hope this is still going forward!!

AslanC Guest

Does anyone know what is going here?

Don?

Should I just give up and moe on?

Please some one say something.

------------------
    Aslan Collas
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

Question

Magic 8 Ball says: “Outlook uncertain.”

I haven’t heard from Bruce in awhile. My guess is the game is toast. (Which is too bad, considering I was looking forward to picking this back up and some extensive work I put into the background.)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 07-19-2001).]

Le sigh. =(