View Poll Results: Do you want to an Enterprise sourcebook?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 73.02%
  • No/Don't care

17 26.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want an Enterprise sourcebook?

Question Do you want an Enterprise sourcebook?

vote yes if you do or no if you don't care. Maybe TPTB (like Mr. Heinig (sp..sorry) from Decipher) may take a look at it someday .

I voted yes. I'm not too thrilled with the show itself, but the background info could make an interesting read.

Well, one would think that the Enterprise book wouldn't be coming out until the show's over, or you'd have to get a few versions.

I don't watch the show any more, but I want the sourcebook.

Funny, The No being rolled into the same option as dont care. I do care, and I dont want to see an Enterprise sourcebook. The whole series is a phalacy. B&B should not be encouraged. I would rather see the whole Star Trek franchise die then to support the sundering of its established history by those witless money grubbers.
    Ware and were friends....

-Greeting amongst the Woodsman of the Gnarley Forest

And it took only five posts...

On topic, I'm not much into sourcebooks, but if such sourcebook were to be done, I'd prefer them to wait for the series to be over.
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

It could be some time indeed for the series to be over. I'd like a sourcebook I can use now.

It seems to make sense to release the book while the series is still running too - players are most likely to want to play in the Enterprise era during the show's initial run, and the book will probably sell the best while the show is still running. So do it now.

Then, sell us a follow-up sourcebook after the series ends.

I'd like to see it for background info on Earth and the other races/planets that founded the Federation. Maybe I really want a sourcebook that covers the history of the foundation of the Federation, but that is Enterprise's era, e.g. just prior to the formation of the Federation. And more Tellerites.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

Originally posted by GnarleyWoodsman
    ...The whole series is a phalacy...
    Fallacy.

I rather like a re-envisioning of the Trek universe; I, for one, thought a change in tone was necessary from the other series. As for 'canon' -- consider it an alternate universe. Not like this stuff's real.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Dont forget to keep it on topic.

In this case an Enterprise RPG sourcebook. Yes/No... OPinions of the show are over in Star Trek Chat. Where they have been repeated over and over from both sides until nobody realised that they were no longer convioncing anybody and sounding like a loon!

This is a one-time moderator warning to keep this topic, for once, on track.

And now for my on-topic answer

I voted yes.

Because if I am likely to get a sourcebook for each series, then I may as well complete the set, and use the interisting Game related data withing such as species, planets, ships, gear, etc.

Y'know the stuff that would be useful, and would still remain useful even if you never watched the show.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Ditto, Dan. I'd like to see stuff from the show simply because it is so different from the other series.

As for on/off topic: it's on. GW was telling us why he wasn't interested in a sourcebook.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I would want one, however, I agree with the person who said wait until the series is over. Why keep buying updated versions? Do you think decipher will keep putting books out for the next 4 years(each series was 7 years long). Let's see, if we go by the proper release dates, maybe we would see this book by the year 2010.
    live long and prosper

I'd like to see a sourcebook detailing Starfleet's early years, and possibly the Earth-Romulan War. I would not like to see a sourcebook dedicated specifically to Enterprise and the events detailed in that series.

Voted No. This book would be my bane. I would buy it becasuse I had too but I would hate the fact I have it.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

No interest.

Don't like the show, don't like the direction it has taken, and the couple of gamers that I can even get interested in Trek anymore all want to do something like DS9 (or late movie era).

So, an Enterprise book would be of no use to me.