Thread: THE HOBBIT looking more and more likely

THE HOBBIT looking more and more likely

FYI,

THE HOBBIT looking more and more likely

Director Peter Jackson finally acknowledges he wants to make the movie
    http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp...8&obj_id=40294

Taht really sounds good, although I would have preferred an adaption of the Silmarillion. However that is too unlikely, as e.g. there are no real main characters which the audience would guide through the story. But maybe parts of it could be made, or a TV series adaption.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

If they're gonna use Ian Holm, they ned to hurry. He's none too young.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Arrow

Originally posted by Evan van Eyk

Taht really sounds good, although I would have preferred an adaption of the Silmarillion. However that is too unlikely, as e.g. there are no real main characters which the audience would guide through the story. But maybe parts of it could be made, or a TV series adaption.
    Unfortunately, all of Tolkien's works, with the exception of Hobbits and LOTR, are under the guardianship of Tolkien Estate. They made a pact NOT to let any of his works be converted into any other medium other than books and audiobooks. Eldest son, Christopher Tolkien (who have criticized Peter Jackson's LOTR adaptation), vowed he won't option out the Silmarilion film rights.

BTW, Hobbits and LOTR are under the auspices of Tolkien Enterprises.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Arrow

Originally posted by qerlin

If they're gonna use Ian Holm, they ned to hurry. He's none too young.
    So's Ian McKellan and John-Rhys Davies (is it me did I see him limping and using a cane?) if he wishes to go under makeup and become Gloin, father of Gimli.

But they'll have to wait since Peter Jackson (and WETA Workshop) is committed to doing King Kong. Of course, it is New Line Cinema's decision if they want to go with a different director. Personally, I hope not. Stick with Jackson.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer