Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite GM accessory ?

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    " David Mack's "Starfleet Survival Guide" looks like it could add some IC texture to the game but I've not read it to be sure."

Great little book! One nice thing is that it goes into procedures for all those one-shot emergency solutions you see on the shows - it's really quite easy to assign task rolls.
    I'm finding this out! Cool book! Last night I bought an electronic version of the Starfleet Survival Guide for only $2.24; Its available in Adobe eBook, Microsoft Reader, and Palm Reader formats (with all illustrations intact!)

Having it on your Palm or Pocket PC is like your character having it on his or her personal PADD. Fun.
    Last edited by Ezri's Toy; 12-05-2003 at 05:15 PM.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Originally posted by krijger
    I cant go without my binders..

I also use a special item (bought by my sister for me, so dont know brand or anything) that stands on table with plastic sheets (that contain usualy printed graphics by me), that can be flipped over (sortof like this master GM screen but with flippable pages).
    This sounds like a presentation case used by business professionals and graphic designers to make presentations to clients. You can find them at office supply stores and art supply stores. The good ones are expensive but they'll last a lifetime.

For Trek: Star Charts and the CD copy of the Trek Encyclopedia a friend gave me.

For Bond: Airsoft prop pistols.

For Castle Falkenstein: a copy of Bookshelf to give me ideas and "The Green Book" -- British Historical Facts: 1830-1900 : the single greatest work on Britain, her colonies, and the like. All facutal.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Right now, I'm running D&D. My two greatest assets are the 2" three-ring binder my campaign notes rest in and 1" graph flip chart paper. Easy to draw the encounter maps and drop the miniatures right onto it.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

My nice little laptop that keeps all my campaign notes intact. The screen swivels around so that it could double as a main viewer.

I don't use many game accessories as such, but having all my game notes etc... in html on my laptop certainly makes it easier to keep on top of things.
    I'd never really thought about that before. Do you have an example of adventure notes posted somewhere ? I'd like to see how you organize things.

Well, about 80% of it's actually up on my web page - maps, deck plans, character records, chronology, et cetera... I also keep a number of illustrations and photos available.

Well, about 80% of it's actually up on my web page - maps, deck plans, character records, chronology, et cetera... I also keep a number of illustrations and photos available.
    ROTFLMAO!

Went to your site to look at your notes and clicked on the Chronology. I busted a gut when I found out that, in your version of the Star Trek universe, Galaxy Quest is a real TV show.

OK, back to topic. . . .