Thread: The Star Trek Universe

Post The Star Trek Universe

Ever wanted to live in the Star Trek universe? See the galaxy? Experience the future? Now you can. <a href="http://pub55.ezboard.com/btheadmiralsgalaxy">The Star Trek Universe</A> is an expansion of my Star Trek: Newton game, broadened to include games of all sorts, all set in the time period after the end of the Dominion War. We are just starting out on this adventure, and need your help to get it going. We need narrators and players alike. Have an idea for a game? I'm sure we could fit it in. Come check us out. <a href="http://pub55.ezboard.com/btheadmiralsgalaxy">Visit the Star Trek Universe!</A> Where you are an old veteran or a brand-newbie to the game, you are welcome to come and participate.

<a href="http://pub55.ezboard.com/btheadmiralsgalaxy">The Star Trek Universe</A> is a forum-based on-line game. This means we use a forum system much like the one here at TrekRPG.net to play our games. The narrator sets the scene for his or her players, and they respond by posting their characters' actions, then the narrator posts again, and so on. It is a very good system, one which I prefer.

Again, I encourage you to drop by <a href="http://pub55.ezboard.com/btheadmiralsgalaxy">the Star Trek Universe</A> and check us out. Thank you for your time.

Interesting stuff...how do these BBS games play out?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

What do you mean, "play out?" I'm a little unclear on the question.

I am a complete beginner having never played this type of game before but recently bought the core rule book and Academy game and would like to start playing? How do i start?

We would be very happy to have you join our game and will do whatever we can to help you get acquainted. The first step you should take is you should visit my forum (the address is listed in the first post of this thread). You can look at the Star Trek: Newton game to get a feel for how we play the games. You should post a note in the RPG Join forum saying what kinds of games you would be interested in joining and what kind of characters you would like to play.

Right now we are in the process of expanding from a single game to a whole collection of games. We only have the one game up and running at the moment, but I expect many more will soon follow.

If you would like to contact me via e-mail, my address is tfanchi@zdnetmail.com

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AdmiralACF:
    What do you mean, "play out?" I'm a little unclear on the question.</font>
    How does one play? How does it work...In IRC you type your ations and lines, in PBEM you write scenes, in Face-to-face you interact...so how does a message board one work?

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Captain Zymmer:
    How does one play? How does it work...In IRC you type your ations and lines, in PBEM you write scenes, in Face-to-face you interact...so how does a message board one work?

</font>
    I would guess the same as an email game, except you need a web browser to read the text and don't have to worry about keeping archives of the mail.

------------------
    ~~~randy~~&gt;

Sawyer has the right idea.

Usually the narrator begins the story with a post about what is going on and sets the scene for the PCs, who respond to the first post and build off each other's posts. The narrator posts the results of the PCs' actions, and then the PCs post again.

There are three new games open for new players available now. One is an exploration game where the characters are part of a corporation called Interplanetary Explorations. The second is a game based on the Department of Temporal Investigations. The last is a Klingon game that promises to be action-packed and full of glorious combat.

If you have a type of game that you would like to play in mind, please let me know and I will see what I can do about helping get the game going, whether you would like to run it or have someone else run it.

We are always looking for players and narrators.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AdmiralACF:
    Sawyer has the right idea.

Usually the narrator begins the story with a post about what is going on and sets the scene for the PCs, who respond to the first post and build off each other's posts. The narrator posts the results of the PCs' actions, and then the PCs post again.
    </font>
    In other words free-form collaborative storytelling.

------------------

Not exactly free form. The players have the opportunity to decide what they want their characters to do, but are still limited by the narrator. The narrator sets the difficulty level, rolls the dice, and says what happens after determining the result. It's pretty much like a tabletop game, only it takes longer.

Ah yes . . . normal LUG . . . love it . . . Narrator . . . Demi-god . . . your fate lies in his/her hands.

I'm interested inplaying . . . however . . . I gotta wonder . . . do all the games end up ultering the others timeline . . . I mean are they all interconnected?

Yes and no. All games coexist in the same universe, so there is the potential that one might affect another or even that two games might come together for an adventure. However, it is a large galaxy, and so it really depends on a lot of factors whether or not one game will affect another.

For example, a Romulan warbird with PCs aboard might destroy a Federation ship. This will not likely affect a different Federation ship with PCs on it, unless of course the incident sparks a war. In that case, both ships of PCs will find their factions at war with each other, and may find themselves shooting at each other. It really depends on what the narrators want to do.

Sounds great.

Yea this sounds like a cool game, Do we make up our own characters?

Karg