Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memory: ICON Update

Yeah, we're having some sort of bizarre server issues - hopefully they'll be fixed ASAP.

It's funny, I can see them on my end, even after flushing the cache and doing a shift-reload to force a new reload from the server, so I know they're still up, but several other people have noted that they cannot access them. I'm a little pissed with the server. This is twice in 6 weeks that we've had server problems that lasted more than a day.

Update - Now I can't access the site at all, which presumably means that it's been completely taken down so they can fix it. I hope. Not at all happy - we've only been on the new server for two months and this is the second major screwup.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 01-29-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Update - well, the problem has been isolated - someone, while registering a completely different domain, screwed up in such a way as to overwrite our host's DNS. Unfortunately, because of a glitch in the way the whole DNS system is constructed, the screwup went through and Network Solutions propagated it worldwide. Out hosts are furious - we're only one of 103 clients affected, and god knows how many subsidiary clients... The good news that things will be back up in 24-36 hours.

Up or down?

Hi Owen,

Yesterday I was able to reach your Memory ICON site from a different computer, so I thought it was up. Today at home I discover I can't reach it. Can most people now in fact reach your site? When it comes to not reaching there, I hope I'm the odd man out.

On another note, I respectfully suggest asking the author of the medical template .pdf attachment in the other thread if they want their work on your excellent site.

It's up - the problem was fixed within 48 hours of finding out what the problem was...

If you can see the banners in my sig, it's up. On the other tentacle, since we moved to the bigger server (with the same company, mind you) things have been flakey. And for this we're throwing money at them... Feh!

Yep, once he gets the medical template finalised, it has a home if he wants one.

Re: Up or down?

Originally posted by Diamond
    On another note, I respectfully suggest asking the author of the medical template.pdf attachment in the other thread if they want their work on your excellent site.
    While I would be honored to have Owen post my datasheet, it would seem rather a waste of his space. Both the Doctor and Councilor's Overlays are available in the Corebooks and the Corpsman Overlays (under a diffrent name) is in the Players Guide. The only thing special about the datasheet is the aparently never before done Nursing Overlay (which I swear there is another one floating aroudn somewhere).

Perhaps I will collect some of the other fan made overlays and make a datasheet of those. That would be worth Owen's time. Anyone got any overlays they would like to share? Send them my way.

Oh, and Diamond. Thanks.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Just a question for Owen ... maybe a request of sorts

Your nomgahr setting is very intriguing ! It's made me want to do something in a LUG Klingon setting again.

I've done up, and half done up, some different KDF & Klingon-in-general overlays in the past and was noticing on your character write ups some of the different skills (Mockery), skill specializations (primitive weapons, unarmed combat styles ...), traits (code of dahar, house code...) and such that you're using as well as the Honor points (ala Way of Dera's system for Romulans perhaps ?) Just wondering if there may be anything you'd care to share or that might be posted on that section of your webpages in the future ?
    Seeing as Blood & Honor and any fan-based sourcebooks never saw the light of day it would be rather helpful !

Your Dyson setting as well is very impressive, and your deckplans rule !

Actually, one of the things on my plate is to put up an explanation of some of those points.

Most of the characters were created for an adventure I wrote for LUG for the GenCon and Origins torunaments the year they went under, and were done with the character generation rules for the unreleased Klingon book. The Honour rules were very similar to the Rommie Glory rules. Some of the skills are also from the book.

As an example, Mockery is used to provoke your opponent into making a rash move which you can take advantage of. For an example of how this can work, see the football games in the movies M*A*S*H and The Longest yard.

For the most part, the new skills are pretty intuitive, though...

Code of DaHar is one I came up with for the character of Elder T'Toq. An explanation of my vision of what DaHar is can be found in the Klingon Notebook section under Klingon Ranks.

Sounds good, thanks for the quick answer.
    I'll look forward as usual to your updates !
    "done with the character generation rules from the unreleased Klingon book", lucky you for sure !
    I remember reading the threads about it and how it wouldn't be released in any format for the legal reasons, so I won't ask anymore about things from that source.

BTW Owen.

Any of the stuff I have posted in the last couple of days that is not covered in the material previously sent... please consider it for Memory ICON too...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Anything new or upcomming?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."