Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memory: ICON Update

Memory: ICON Update

Well, after a very busy summer and fall where getting the old ICON content from TrekRPG.Net online with Memory: ICON had tyo be set aside to concentrate on business, things have begun to move again. New Netbooks by Volker (Evan van Eyck) Maiwald and Dan Gurden have been posted, as well as Shatters of Peace Volker's adventure sequel to A Fragile Peace.

I hope to continue updates throughout December and into the New Year.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 12-04-2003 at 09:52 PM.

Fantastic, Owen! Me wittle 56-modem hookup will be very busy over the next while downloading this material, and my printer will be given a thorough workout putting it into hardcopy before binding. Muchos gracias.

P.S.: Icon Forever.

Nice one Owen.

Nice to see the Maquis book finally get a home.

Out of Interest, has nobody sent you the Cardassian Sourcebook (book 1 and 2)? Or Macs AI sourcebook? Both fan based and good Netbooks?
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I keep geting an error message when opening the Voyager book. Says the file is damaged and can not be fixed. (The other netbooks are working fine.) Anyone else having a problem?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

I've reloaded the file and successfully downloaded it. It should work now.

Talking

thanks Owen!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Originally posted by Dan Gurden
    Out of Interest, has nobody sent you the Cardassian Sourcebook (book 1 and 2)? Or Macs AI sourcebook? Both fan based and good Netbooks?
    If interested I still have all the above mentioned net-books in their original zip file.

Man I am so happy to see ICON is making a comeback here.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Hay Owen, I have been trying to get onto the MemoryICON page but it seems to be down. [Just wanted to let you know in case there was something wrong.]

I was wondering if you were going to put up the ICON Links material once you have everything done. I have the .pfd files for the Andorian, Holdeck and Star Fleet Acadamy Links if you need (I was never able to find a .pdf of the Romulan Links ).
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

For technical reasons, the site (and our cororate site, etc...) was up and down like a yo-yo yesterday. The ISP indicates that the problem is a bad hard drive, so it will go down some time tonight for a couple of hours while they replace it. Until then it'll be intermittently down.

The Romulan ICON Link was never available as a .pdf - just as .html. The ICON Links are high on my list of things to get online ASAP.
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 12-11-2003 at 02:33 PM.

Thumbs up

Again, big thanks to Owen for kindly taking on the hosting of the Icon material. I greatly appreciate his doing so and am happy to see new content for Icon coming out.

It was always a large priority for me that the Icon material formerly hosted here find a good home and continue to be made available to the loyal Icon/LUG fans. Owen has done that and so much more.

Present...honors!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Thanks, Don.

It's taken me longer than I'd hoped to get everything up, due to a very busy summer and a cash crunch which prevented us from getting extra web space. Both problems are now behind us. We just expanded our webspace and bandwidth, which should comfortably handle the traffic.

I'm trying to get a mix of the older TrekRPG.net content and new materials up at the same time, so there's something for everyone, both old and new.

Mactavish's Artificial Lifeforms Sourcebook, and Anomaly's Cardassian Sourcebook just went up today.

Netbook Question

Originally posted by Owen E Oulton
    Mactavish's Artificial Lifeforms Sourcebook . . . just went up today.
    I am getting ready to print some of the Net-Sourcebooks [NSBs] when I noticed that Mac's NSB I have for Artificial Lifeforms is not the same one you have posted on MemoryICON.

I assume mine is an updated version, but I just want to make sure before printing. It is a thirteen page .pdf which on the first page running along the left side (bottom to top) in big letters it reads, "Artificial Lifeforms 2.1". Since he gave you the other version for posting I just want to make sure I have the "official" version.

Thanks. (And THANK-YOU OWEN for giving ICON a home!)
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Edited to remove message, and list of .pdf's.

Please do not e-mail me requesting copies of the .pdf's. Due to the size of several of the files, I am unsure if I even could e-mail them. Please wait for them to be posted to MemoryICON.

Thank-you. (And sorry).
    Last edited by redwood973; 01-06-2004 at 01:55 PM.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

redwood's right... there is a newer version available. It's on my home machine, so I can't get to it at the moment, but I'll send it to Owen this evening once I get home.

The 2.1 version is actually 2.2 now... there were a couple of minor changes made.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

Thanks, mac.