Thread: Movies in 2004

Movies in 2004

With Return of the King, the last movie I am really looking forward to will have come and gone.

Except for Star Wars: Episode III, which I am guardedly optimistic about in 2005 I can't find myself interested in any movies that are upcoming. Well, maybe Resident Evil: Armageddon but I have reservations about that one too.

Is there anything in 2004 that a sci-fi and fantasy buff can look forward to?
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Re: Movies in 2004

Originally posted by prophetsteve
    With Return of the King, the last movie I am really looking forward to will have come and gone. . . .Is there anything in 2004 that a sci-fi and fantasy buff can look forward to?
    Sure. Spider-Man 2 (aka The Amazing Spider-Man)
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Hmm..

Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban
    Hellboy
    The Incredibles
    Constantine
    Troy
    Van Helsing

2004 sounds good to me.

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.

Though I've never heard of "The Incredibles" or "Hellboy", I m waiting for the others on the above list myself. Plus there is also 2, I believe, movies coming out on Alexander the Great as well next year. As long as they are done right, '04 looks like a historical (literally) year.

Hellboy is a live-action movie based on the comic series by Mike Mignola. A demon raised by occult Nazis but then turned good fights evil as part of a government agency. Pulpy action, as far as I can tell. Fans of the comic-book might be able to tell you more.

The Incredibles is the next movie by Pixar of Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo fame, and is about an aging superhero family (or some such). I believe Samuel L. Jackson is voicing one of the characters.

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.