Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefly

Firefly

Firefly with all episodes was released today on DVD with 3 unseen episodes. Should be in by next week Can't wait
    Garet

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Woot!!!! I've been looking forward to this! Now I have three boxed sets to get this month.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

My copy's on route; replaces the so-so quality VCDs I absolutely did not pirate from the internet...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Yea! For I have seen the 'unseen' episodes, and they are good! Picked the box up yesterday, and it ticked me off in a way. Firefly still rocks, but watching the unaired episodes just made me think what morons the FOX execs were for canning the show. Hopefully, the movie will jab a sharp stick in their collective eye.

What extras there are are kinda lame, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the shows themselves.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I had pre-ordered my copy and it came in yesterday. Will watch some episodes tonight.
    Garet

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Ah...SPACE is good

In Canada, our Sci-fi channel has been running all the episodes in the correct sequence, and has run at least 1, possible 2 of the missing episodes.

Great show...we hardly knew you.

Strangely enough, a friend told me that if I liked Firefly I should watch the anime Cowboy Bebop.

Space has run all three of the unaired episodes, which I guess means thay aren'r unaired anymore.

Personally I am running and hiding from this collection; rates about even with BSG, in my books.

But I am happy the rest of you will be enjoying it

Now I'll just go back to The Adventures of Robin Hood

Got it. Good setup in widescreen aspect. The extra bonus stuff is nice to see.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by Ramage
    Personally I am running and hiding from this collection; rates about even with BSG, in my books.
    Just curious, do you mean original BSG or the new BSG?
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Originally posted by Sho-sa Kurita
    Just curious, do you mean original BSG or the new BSG?
    Haven't seen the new one, so really can't rate that one.

Anybody know if this is a limited edition, or if they ran off a whole lot of them? I'm not going to be able to buy it here in Qatar, and I hope it will still be available when I get home in March or April.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Re: Ah...SPACE is good

Originally posted by Brian K
    Strangely enough, a friend told me that if I liked Firefly I should watch the anime Cowboy Bebop.
    "Cowboy Bebop" is really great anime (probaby the best series since "Evangelion" or "Escaflowne"), but it doesn't have quite the same feel as "Firefly". Despite the name, "Cowboy Bebop" really isn't a space western...there are a few western-themed episodes, but actually they tend to be fairly comic. If you are interested in the series, I recommend that you first check out the "Cowboy Bebop" stand-alone movie that came out on DVD a few months back. It clocks in under 2 hours and is very representative of the series (same great animation, similar themes)--so if you don't like the movie, you won't like the series and shouldn't bother with it.

Actually, there is an anime series called "Outlaw Star" that "Firefly" seemed to directly borrow some elements from. The "girl in the box" image (the doctor's sister) is straight out of that anime, and that anime also features the small band of western-style space outlaws...but that's where the similarities end. "Outlaw Star" lacks the depth of "Cowboy Bebop"--so I much more strongly recommend the latter.
    Scottomir's LOTR Game Resources:
    http://www.geocities.com/scott_metz/

I watched the firefly box set this weekend and it was great. i watched all but the last episode "objects in space", thats for tonight. The 3 unaired episodes really rocked. Don't understand why they canceled it. I had forgotten how good they were.
    Last edited by Garet; 12-16-2003 at 08:21 AM.
    Garet

What extras are on the DVDs? Deleted scenes? Any hints or clues about where the story arc was heading?

"Two by two, hands of blue..."
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1