Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On forum Game

On forum Game

I was wondering if anyone here is interested in an on-forum game?

I would be the narrator and the rules would be CODA. I have a few ideas that I am going to type out, but I am open to all ideas. If anyone is interested leave a post here or shoot off an email to zak@ltcmdrmatt.com . THANKS!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Yo!

Suggestions: TOS or Movie era. Starship...exploration. And you even have a plethora of ships to use from all of the major (and minor) players!
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'm interested too!!!
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

Alright here is the basic concept that I have been thinking about.

Its late 24th century, not sure exactly when as of yet. The crew is a mixed bunch. With the Klingons having high Federation tolernace, the two have become allies. There is an old Klingon junkyard that is based around a planet in the Pheben system. Starfleet has been asked to send a small crew to administer the station. The junkyard holds all broken down useless ships from pre-2330. There are only four Klingons on the planet that are actually in command of the base. The idea behind the whole thing is that maybe with the Klingons can builkd a joint defence against the Romulans, and the Federation believes that they can build a worthy trade route.

Characters can be Human and Klingon, among others. All Sensible Alpha and Beta quadrant races allowed unless I specify otherwise when you send me the characters. I am thinking that this game will be a mix of local politics and exploration, along with defense and tactical movements with the Romulans being so close. Any takers on this setting?

Im very much interested in playing

What are the details concerning character creation? What's in and what's not?

GOB

I would prefer it if the pick method is used.

As far as races go with common sense and what is outlined in Aliens as being acceptable player races.

Characters can be a mix of starfleet/rogue/klingon crews.

I also have another idea for a series. It would take place about a year after Voyager returns. The Federation is quite interested in the Delta Quadrant, and would lik eto send a long range explorer through the Barzan wormhole to explore for a long time, possibly going through several generations to get back home. Not a mission for the light hearted crewman, but it could be interesting to see how things are going in the DQ. If anyone has any campaigns they would like to see, give me some details.

Small update, Chief Engineer and Commanding Officer are now taken...

I too am interested, and offer to play the executive officer. My character concept is one which I originally developed over a year ago and was going to use for Aslan's aborted post-Dominion War campaign. Without further preamble:

Meredith Kettering Davies is a veteran Starfleet officer whose personal genius lay in strategic analysis and logistics. She initially served in emergency management and disaster relief, where she developed a hands-on approach to problem-solving. During the Klingon War, Meredith was reassigned to strategic operations when her expertise came to the attention of Starfleet Command. Not content to rely solely on others for intelligence information, she went so far as to conduct several reconaissance missions on her own... sometimes in violation of her orders. Meredith never hesitates to accept the consequences of her actions, however, and is not afraid to get her hands dirty. The results she achieves tend to mitigate her occasional flouting of regulations. When the Pheben assignment was posted, Meredith jumped at the chance to get out from behind her desk and back into space.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

RaconteurX that sounds good. It looks as though we are going through with the starbase game, please send me the stats via email, but I am probably going to approve the character without any hold ups. I am thinking that you are a Lieutenant or a Lieutenant Commander, either 5 or 6 advancements. Send me what you have though and I will be glad to discuss it with you.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    It looks as though we are going through with the starbase game
    Okay, count me out, then.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Sorry Sea Tyger, I have just had more requests for the starbase game. My apologies man!

Six advancements is roughly what I had in mind. I do not have my Trek books on hand tonight, but will email you before week's end with Meredith's stats. Do you want us to purchase Promotion at a level sufficient to achieve our character's assigned ranks, or is that a "freebie"?
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 12-17-2003 at 09:21 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Six advancements is roughly what I had in mind. I do not have my Trek books on hand tonight, but will email you before week's end with Meredith's stats.

Great! I do not have a start date posted as of yet. A few more things need to happen, but I am hoping at the latest the first week of the new year just because of the holidays.

Question

Are we still on for our January 3rd start? Also, do we want to use this thread, or start a new one? I have a character vignette that I am preparing, and would like to know where to post it. I hope to have it finished by Saturday or Sunday evening.