Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End of the Year Wishlist

I agree with Captain Novaes that shipboard weapons should be used to contribute to boarding actions. Until the Spanish Armada, weapons weren't powerful enough to sink ships, so battles were decided by boarding actions. Rams are the one notable exception, but it's not easy to ram a ship that's trying not to be rammed.

Ineti, thanks for the info on the map supplement. That's one more thing to spend my money on when I get back to the real world.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

*bumping this to try and spark some more suggestions*

I'm currently running a 1st Age game, and I'm finding that what I need more than anything else is material for creating lots of peons. Servants, cooks, tailors, etc. The craftsman order is just not getting it as much as I'd like, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with them. Granted, I could make them characters without orders, but it'd be nice to not have to stat them all out myself. It gets a bit harder with things like warriors and loremasters.

More order packages.
    More order abilities.
    More elite orders.

Strangely enough, as I'm running my game, I don't really want a 1st Age sourcebook anymore. I did a lot of work adapting the current system to what I want it to do, and it works rather well. I'd hate it all to go to waste. However, I can see that some, prior to running a game, would like some material to help. If I were to pick something like that up, it'd have to do something very different from the FotR sourcebook and TTT sourcebook. I don't want just a primer on "How to Do Tolkien Right." I want something geared for more advanced concepts, namely adapting Tolkien's works to your own chronicles. If this book includes a section that touches on the mutability of canon and the importance of picking your canon prior to play, I'd definitely take a look at it. Of course, once again, I could just do that myself, which I am planning to do in Kathanaksaya: Middle-earth (hopefully).

So, I guess, all things considered, I want to do my own material and have it recognized and published.
    Men are weak.
    Elrond for President!
    Vote Peredhel!

Watertown, WI (between Madison and Milwaukee), USA

Hey Ineti

Great idea for a thread.

Wishlist:

A more detailed look at the ecology of the beasties in ME (fan-boy stuff, I suppose). But, I"m really interested in the behavior, habits, etc. of these creatures, similar to what Mongoose Publ has done with their Slayers Guides for D&D.

A more detailed look into things like oaths and curses. Was mentioned in the Core book, but not expanded on. For example, how does one go about cursing someone? What physical steps can a GM take to enforce that curse? Could their be a table of curses and/or a table of potential outcomes for people who are cursed or break an oath? (ei, you roll, and depending on how much you fail a TN, depends on the results of the curse or the oath breaking). I think these are some cool things that would be subtle enough for ME magic, but expand upon the magic in ME.

More weapons. Two-handed swords, two-handed mattocks, two-handed axes. Elven swords vs. Dunadan swords and so on.

More spells. But, spells that still have the subtle feel of magic in ME.

Source material on regions.

That's all I can think of for now,
    Reptile
    In the hierarchy of living organisms, it's snakes all the way down.