Thread: Check this out...

Check this out...

Is this not the niftiest kitbash in history?

Huntress is a model by Alfred Wong and sold by SMT. I think it bears statting out...

In my opinion, the thing looks fast and deadly.. like Defiant and Prometheus, it's built to kill things.

Just how crazy should I get with it? My player's ship is the Sovereign, so I'd like to give it something to provide an edge, you know, for when the captain of the Huntress decides to go hunting for glory and vengence against the Cardassians, the race my Sovereign's captain (and XO, and CE...) hates with a passion.

Yes, very like the TNG episode, but Picard didn't hate Cardies....
    Jeffery "Shran" Keown
    Star Trek: Sovereign
    NCC-90201 "Jersey Style!"

Someone please empty my vomit bucket.
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Way too heavily armed for my taste. Although when building I suppose the canons could be substituted for something else.

Stats for this monster. Hmmm. Well it's mostly an Intrepid class (and the bridge and windows show that it's the same size as teh Intrepid) with Sovereign nacelles and a big gun on the front.

So let's base the stats on those given for the Intrepid in Starships.

As the Intrepid in Starships uses all the space available for a Size 6 vessel call this one Size 7 (the width may be just over the Size 7 threshold anyway), that gives structure 35 vs the Intrepid's 30, which accounts nicely for the double nacelle struts.

The Intrepid's warp engines are LF-45 which can only be used on up to Size 6, so change them to LF-44 which nicely enough are those used on the Sovereign.

Add a Type XII phaser array to the four existing Type X ones to represent the gun up front. That increases the penetration to 6/6/6/0/0.

Call it a Fast Cruiser and adjust the space requirements for that vs Light Explorer and also for Size 7 vs Size 6. I think that ends up using 88 out 99 spaces. Give it two edges if you like.

Make the manoeuver mods +2C +1H +2T.

Tougher (but a bit slower at warp) than an Intrepid but still no match for a Sovereign (nor should it be, it is much smaller).
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

I like it...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Cool design. It's not really what Star Trek's about, but a great design nonetheless. I'm with the others here: I'd take the cannon off the front.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Good quote, ezri.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

About that big gun...

I took it off as well when I did a 3d model of the thing.

"Big Guns just ain't Trek." However, slick looking starships...
    Jeffery "Shran" Keown
    Star Trek: Sovereign
    NCC-90201 "Jersey Style!"