Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inviting you to share my LOTR wrath

Well then, considering that I don't know if you like Aragorn as depicted in the book, it's your personal preference.

As I insisted, he didn't just simply shrugged the ring off. He simply fear his bloodline more.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by REG
    You mean he should have acted with more emotions -- like bust out his flask and get himself into a drunken stupor -- even though he was consoled by Gandalf about his regret to let Frodo go on his own.

AFAIC, Viggo acted well for his character. The last thing I want to see is a ranger who is high-strung ... like me.

Almost. But Aragorn is close to despair in the first few scenes of TTT. He feels a failure for losing the hobbits. I think he gets reassurance from Gimli and Legolas. Anyway, I really liked that scene in the book as it made the character more human. I feel that the movie lacks a scene that does explicitly that.

You make it sound like the book is flawed to begin with.
    It is.

Joe
    No power in the 'verse can stop me.

"You know this roleplaying thing is awfully silly, let's just roll the dice." - overheard during a D&D 3E game.