Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Well, I consider www.trek-rpg.net to be the entry page and it states that the site is currently under construction.
    Are there any old links on the web leading to the index you mentioned?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

Lightbulb

Well...I'll be adding a bunch of new ships here in the near future along with LT Cmd Matt. I've posted one of them in Utopia for review. maybe that will get something going.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

For me the act of becoming a parent significantly cut into a lot of activities. A good trade-off - raising a future gamer is hard work. Victoria, now 19 months, can count to three. When she gets to four I'll introduce her to a d4 system game. (I suppose at two I could have introduced her to Underworld, which uses a d2... )
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)

Unhappy

Three new ship designs, 100+ views, and not a single comment from anyone.

Since there's apparently no interest, I'll stop posting ships for a while.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I'll admit that I tend to look and read more than I post. And since I don't have a really fastmoving campaign on my hands I can't really test your ship creations... And there is the fact that IO wanted to spend less time surfing the web but learning more for university. Alright, I'm back here. :-) I just have to find a way to make both things work... Too many hobbies, not enough time for all of them. Now it's cold outside, I'll probably will play less soccer and will have the time to convince some friends to do more gaming in the wintertime.

Three new ship designs, 100+ views, and not a single comment from anyone.
    not anymore

I know I've said I'd come up with new designs this week but I just didn't have the proper time. I'll have some time next week.
    In any case, I've made a call and thanks for those who've answered it by posting new designs on the Utopia board.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Okay - when I get a moment away from the hustle and bustle of a large mobile network at Christmas (it's our busiest time of year), then I'll get designing.

Oh and have a heart for me this week - this is my Christmas working schedule:

Christmas Eve 1030-1830
    Christmas Day 1130-1930
    Boxing Day (26th Dec) 1200-2000
    New Years Eve 1200-2000
    New Years Day 1200-2000

Harsh huh?
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Boxing Day?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by redwood973
    Boxing Day?
    The day after Christmas, the Feast of St. Stephen (the first Christian martyr) is better known as Boxing Day. The term may come from the opening of church poor boxes that day; maybe from the earthenware boxes with which boy apprentices collected money at the doors of their masters' clients.

Nowadays in certain families, gifts (boxes) are given to those who provide services throughout the year (although not in my family )

"Boxing Day" is listed in the Canada Labour Code as a holiday.

It is also celebrated in countries that have been settled by the British - Australia/New Zealand and a number of Commonwealth countries.

Boxing Day

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Hum. I think I would have preferred it being pugilistic expositions between tanked-up family members who have dearly been looking forward to taking a round out of each other for the past year.

Interesting nonetheless however.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Originally posted by redwood973
    Hum. I think I would have preferred it being pugilistic expositions between tanked-up family members who have dearly been looking forward to taking a round out of each other for the past year.

Interesting nonetheless however.
    Well you did ask.

And the truth is Boxing Day is actually traditionally the day when family bust ups occur. The new toys are broken with the brothers and sisters battering each other claiming it was the others fault.

The parents trying desperately to contact their solicitors to get the divorce papers filed because SHE tried to kill him with cold Turkey sandwiches and HE spent all Christmas afternoon asleep in front of the TV snoring instead of helping with the washing up.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by JonA
    This is my Christmas working schedule:

Christmas Eve 1030-1830
    Christmas Day 1130-1930
    Boxing Day (26th Dec) 1200-2000
    New Years Eve 1200-2000
    New Years Day 1200-2000

Harsh huh?
    Not even. I work Christmas Eve from 4pm to 12am, then come back at 8am on Christmas Day for a double, then am back at 4pm on the 26th for another double. That does not even take into account my Sunday and Tuesday shifts this week... and then I come back and work a pair of doubles next week (one starting at 4pm on New Year's Eve).
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Not even. I work Christmas Eve from 4pm to 12am, then come back at 8am on Christmas Day for a double, then am back at 4pm on the 26th for another double. That does not even take into account my Sunday and Tuesday shifts this week... and then I come back and work a pair of doubles next week (one starting at 4pm on New Year's Eve).
    You have my sympathies. May I ask what's your job? You don't happen to have a long white beard, a big belly and the company headquarters located at the north pole require you to wear a red uniform?
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost