Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it just me?

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Not even. I work Christmas Eve from 4pm to 12am, then come back at 8am on Christmas Day for a double, then am back at 4pm on the 26th for another double. That does not even take into account my Sunday and Tuesday shifts this week... and then I come back and work a pair of doubles next week (one starting at 4pm on New Year's Eve).
    Okay you win!
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    Not even. I work Christmas Eve from 4pm to 12am, then come back at 8am on Christmas Day for a double, then am back at 4pm on the 26th for another double. That does not even take into account my Sunday and Tuesday shifts this week... and then I come back and work a pair of doubles next week (one starting at 4pm on New Year's Eve).
    I hope you work for emergency services of some kind. 'Cause, man-o-man, that reeks of labour law violations.

I assume there actually still are labour laws in the U.S.?

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Originally posted by Liquidator Queeg
    I hope you work for emergency services of some kind. 'Cause, man-o-man, that reeks of labour law violations.

I assume there actually still are labour laws in the U.S.?

LQ
    PMPL.

They created the damn things. Its us Europeans who converted them into the beauracracy we know and love.

Ah the Working Time Directive 1997. Love it!

Not.

That said - in the UK we have a law that you can work a shift of any length - but when you finish you must have a break of at least 11 hours before starting your next shift.

Although my best mate used to be a public house manager and thought nothing of working a 115-120 hours in a week.
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins